Full throttlle shift

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
9queSt

Full throttlle shift

Post by 9queSt »

Under full throttle shift parameters in the s300 user guide....

it says the activation, input- selects the arming input for the launch control..

does this mean the arming input for full throttle shift?

------

Full throttle, activates with clutch switch when clutch peddle is pressed. set to 6000rpm

Launch control, always on under 6mph. set to 6700rpm.

Question: If I activate the clutch switch when staging at 0mph, will full throttle then override the launch control and only allow the engine to rev to 6000rpm?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Full throttlle shift

Post by Spunkster »

No, launch control is speed based and will only work below a certain speed. You can use the same input for both. Not everyone leaves it always on.
kerndog

Post by kerndog »

It seems that the priority goes to the FTS rev limit and the Launch Control never activates when Launch Control is set to always on and FTS is wired only with the clutch switch. Is there a way to make the FTS not activate until a certain speed (after the burnout rev limit and the Launch Control RPM)... I would like to have Launch Control always on, FTS always on and an arming switch for the burnout rev limit. It would work like this...

Pull up to the burnout box with the burnout switch on (parameter at 6500 RPM)
Launch Control/Anti-Lag with the clutch in to 6700, building boost
Let clutch go with ~15PSI boost, in 3rd gear
Nice burnout to warm tires up
The burnout limiter holds RPM at 6500
Flip off Burnout Rev Limit switch
Stage
Launch Control/Anti Lag again to 6700, building boost
Leave with boost
Anti Lag disables from the MPH parameter
Continue to accelerate to the shift point
FTS is activated at MPH and clutch input
Shift, repeat...

Maybe I have something wired up wrong or I'm not using the inverted inputs right... If this is the way it works, please let me know if there are certain "inverts" or parameters to make this all happen without so many switches at the line. It makes things very complicated the way I have it set right now.
H22 GT3076R E85, EK Hatch, Dyno Shootout Car...
603 WHP, 565 WHP, 631 WHP, 596 WHP, 600 WHP, 610 WHP, 631 WHP, 560 WHP, 578 WHP
different dynos, different days, different altitudes,same set-up, bottom line...~600ish WHP come get some!!!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Post your calibration and a datalog showing the problem.
9queSt

Post by 9queSt »

Fts has to be activated by a switch that is triggered as soon as you push the clutch in. Its basically a rev limit that is activated when the clutch is pressed.

When FTS is grounded it should be activated.

Spunkster, does launch control override fts?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Launch control only works below a certain speed.
9queSt

Post by 9queSt »

Spunkster wrote:Launch control only works below a certain speed.
when launch control is activated under (certain speed) and fts is activated because the clutch switch activating it is pushed in. Does launch control get the priority?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Full throttle shift will be set at a higher RPM than the launch control will be and launch control will only work below a set speed.
9queSt

Post by 9queSt »

Spunkster wrote:Full throttle shift will be set at a higher RPM than the launch control will be and launch control will only work below a set speed.
My next gears rpm, 3rd to 4th, is about 6000rpm. should i set fts at 6000?

My launch control is at 6500.
kerndog

Post by kerndog »

I use 26" slicks and thus launch at a high Launch Control and Boost level (6,700RPM,15+LBS), however, I dont spin my engine very high (8,200ish RPM) and my shifts fall low with the not-close-ratio Prelude transmission...

Is there a way to make the LC override FTS below a set MPH??? Maybe make the FTS not activate until 30MPH, or give an option on MPH. This would make my previous situation possible and not have me trying to set FTS to 7k RPM, I dont shift very fast with the F,H cable shifter setup... I know a H2B setup would fix this, but, I want to stay H all the way! Thanks in advance!
H22 GT3076R E85, EK Hatch, Dyno Shootout Car...
603 WHP, 565 WHP, 631 WHP, 596 WHP, 600 WHP, 610 WHP, 631 WHP, 560 WHP, 578 WHP
different dynos, different days, different altitudes,same set-up, bottom line...~600ish WHP come get some!!!
skullbasher

Post by skullbasher »

Spunkster, I know its been 6 years but do you happen to have an answer??? or does this need to be fixed like with an update?? Because some of us need to launch higher than our full throttle shift value which overrides the launch control when lower.
boosted k20

Post by boosted k20 »

Spunkster can you please add a mph enable feature for FTS. Or have launch control take precedence over fts at 0mph? We can't rev higher than fts rpm with clutch pushed in at 0mph
boosted k20

Post by boosted k20 »

Bumpppp. Spunkster is hondata looking into having FTS active only after the car is moving. A lot of us need our launch control rpm set higher than our FTS rpm. The way hondata is setup now this is not possible. Can you guys look into this for the next update. If we can have an option to have FTS active only after a certain speed it would work!
rev hard

Post by rev hard »

does this really help with a boosted setup at the track? does it hold it at the set rpm just wile the clutch is pressed in?
boosted k20

Post by boosted k20 »

You stay in boost with FTS. I did a quick datalog and with FTS i was able to stay in boost between shifts. I did a 2nd gear pull with FTS into 3rd gear. Car was at 14PSI in 2nd gear and only dropped back down to 8psi in between shifts. before i would loose all boost. With street tires i was just spinning but with a slick on the track it should pull pretty hard.