Boost Control Works fixed duty but spikes gear based

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Turbo-LS

Boost Control Works fixed duty but spikes gear based

Post by Turbo-LS »

Ok this started happening out of the blue in my car. I had been running gear based target psi for years no issues. thougvh my solenoid was bad changed it out and same problem. When tuning and running fixed duty cycle everything works properly. when switch to gear based it just spikes right to boost cut. so i tried gear based duty cycle and same outcome. no matter what numbers input into the table always hits boost cut. switch back to the fixed duty cycle and works like a charm.

Anyone have this issue and have a fix?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Boost Control Works fixed duty but spikes gear based

Post by Spunkster »

Turbo-LS

Post by Turbo-LS »

Hondata S300 V2 Serial Number - 22000
1999 Honda Civic SI
OBD1 P28 ECU
Everything electronic wise in the car is bone stock, just an obd2 to obd1 boomslang jumper harness to run obd1.

When using boost control as fixed duty cycle setting. it works perfectly fine. we added 50% duty and got out 14 psi of boost

When you use boost by gear duty cycle based it just hits boost spike which we have set to 17 psi. i tried lowering the duty cycle in boost by gear all the way down and it still just hits boost spike.

Re-select fixed duty cycle and boost control works perfectly to 14 psi @ the 50 % duty cycle setting.

We tuned the car at the track, made 4-5 pulls and it held 13.5-14 psi then just started hitting boost cut and spiking. Solenoid is still good and working, wiring is still good. No changes were made just started acting up for no apparent reason.
Attachments
28.s3d
Datalog File
(655.03 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
hondata.skl
Tune File
(43.75 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You may want to check your wastegate as I can see some areas in the data log where you are hitting 16psi with no duty cycle on the solenoid.
Turbo-LS

Post by Turbo-LS »

Nothing wrong with the wastegate. It's hitting boost cut in first gear with no duty cycle but when turn off boost control all together boost stays steady 9.8 psi. It's something to do with boost by gear
When using fixed duty it holds 14 psi every gear perfectly