dam missfires

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
rev hard

dam missfires

Post by rev hard »

im getting misfires from about 6k up...ive tryed adding uel...subtracting fuel....changed plugs...coils..but no luck..the car idle and drives along awsome....but after 6k it will start to miss ive just started street tunning it and wanted to clear this up before i hit the dyno

the setup is
84mm lsvtec
t1 spec web cams
s300
cpr
id 2000cc injectors
2 walbro 255's
bkr7e plugs gapped to .019
6766 turbo t4
2 tial 44mm wg's

any info would be great thanks
Attachments
2013build.skl
(45.24 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
Datalog-130407-002.s3d
(144.55 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: dam missfires

Post by Spunkster »

IS this using an unmodified Hondata CPR harness? Dows this vehcile have a wire tuck or is it running any mil spec harness?
rev hard

Post by rev hard »

factory oem harness...and the cpr un touched harness..all conections are soilderd ....but the stock igniter is in the dizzy with the coil removed...would taking the factory igniter out make a difference?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Is this an oem distributor or an aftermarket one? You do not have to remove ANYTHING from inside the distributor.
rev hard

Post by rev hard »

ok..i think i may have found the problem...tell me if this sounds right....when i hooked the 2 wires to the dizzy plug i soliderd them inline and didnt cut them( wasnt completly sure wat to do so thats wat i did) so...i removed the igniter and all the wires plugged into it and took it for a drive and now the missfires seem to be gone....is this because i didnt cut the wires and instead spliced into them?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You should not have to cut any wires at the distributor. You depin the wires form the harness and then crimp on the supplied pins then put the pins into the connector and plug it back in.
rev hard

Post by rev hard »

yes i understand...but there was a differnt plug on my dizzy/harness so your suplied pins would not fit....does that explain wat the problem would have been?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

We provide pins for both OBD1 and OBD2 distributors.
rev hard

Post by rev hard »

yes i understand you do...long story....anyways for the last time do you think that would cause the issue? was the factory igniter robbing power from the system? causing the spark to be weak and miss at upper rpms?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Anytime something is not installed as it is supposed to it can cause problems.
rev hard

Post by rev hard »

ok thanks..well hopfully this can help somone eles if they ever do the samething
rev hard

Post by rev hard »

ok...so it turns out the problem is still there...here is my latest map and log...you can see in the log were it starts to miss the rpms are choppy....im stumped

i also just noticed that at idle my tps is 24% and over 100% at wot.....would this cause it to do this?
Attachments
Datalog-130505-002.s3d
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 111 times
2013build.skl
(45.31 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
rev hard

Post by rev hard »

also using a jdm gsr basemap with a U.S p28 ecu...would that cause any issues?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The TPS needs to read correctly , but that is probably a separate issue. Without knowing exactly how this is wired it is impossible to know if it has been wired correctly. Where did you connect the 2 grounds on the CPR harness?
rev hard

Post by rev hard »

its wired as per instructions....the ground with the termial is on the thermostate housing with the oem ground...and the other ground is at the ecu at pin a23