dam missfires

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: dam missfires

Post by Spunkster »

Put the distributor back to stock and remove the cpr and see if it will run properly.
rev hard

Post by rev hard »

that will have to be my next step......to see if its acually the cpr or not
rev hard

Post by rev hard »

ok i got the tps issue fixed...tps was bad...got a new one on and adj to oem specs.....hooked the oem dizzy back up and the car runs perfect....so there must be a issue with the cpr box..or .wiring i take it....the setup was bought over winter and just used now, so its practlically brand new...and it was also starting to hiccupcrusing.. what do you think hondata?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I would reinstall the CPR and pay very close attention to the wiring making sure there are solid connections on all the grounds. We have yet to see a faulty CPR box that starts and runs a car. interference issues always stem from distributor issues or wiring related problems.
rev hard

Post by rev hard »

the wiring was all good...i went over and over it...all in the right pins....gronds on the thermostate...extremly clean..wat eles would be the issue?...i have a s300v1...does that matter?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The version of the s300 does not matter. Do you know anyone else running the CPR? If so Try your ECU/ CPR box in theri car, if everything works properly then you know it has to be wiring or a distributor related issue. You may want to also try a different distributor as we have seen some distributors cause issues and when replaced the problems all go away.
rev hard

Post by rev hard »

i dont know of any other cars running the cpr close to me....ive tryed 2 diff distribters and same problem....tryed new plugs....new coils.....same issue....im stumped...i know if i hook it back up its gona do it agine....all the conections were solderd and heat shrinked...if it was a bad conenction then y would it start the car and drive?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What is the part number of the spark plugs you are using?
rev hard

Post by rev hard »

bkr7e and i tryed bkr8eix.....i just hooked it all back up agine and road tested it and it does the EXACT same issue....all new conections and still the SAME issue...im a honda mehcanic by trade so its not like im some person that has no idea how to wire and read the ecu pins/ plugs
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you would like you can send the CPR box to us to test in a vehicle, but if there is no problem found then we are right back to it being a wiring or interference issue. Have you tried contacting your local dealer to see if they have sold anyone else a CPR that you might be able to get in contact with to try swapping components for testing?
rev hard

Post by rev hard »

i bought the kit from a supplier in the U.S...im located in canada....im just stumped....wat would be interfering? i know its wired correctly....and all good conections....dont know wat eles to do? its all installed as per instructions power and ground tapped into at the ecu....other 2 wires pinned to were they say and the 2 wires at the dizzy are pinned....nice clean ground at the thermostate housing....
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Post pictures of all wiring.
rev hard

Post by rev hard »

its all removed now...and the oem dizzy hooked back up...i tested this enough...cant spend any more time or money on it....i insure you all the wiring was correct...the 3 times i installed it...
rev hard

Post by rev hard »

i battled with the system for a mounth now with no luck....always has the break up issue at wot and the odd hiccup at crusing....cant leave the car tied up...race season is here...
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Send an email to support <at> hondata.com with the following and I will issue an RMA and give you further
instructions (include a link to this thread):

Name:
Address:
Phone:
Email:
Serial#:
Description of problem: