Here's the major things I've changed:
Delta 272-2 Reground Camshaft
YCP Vitara 75.5mm Pistons
P2P0 Custom Length Rod
ARP Head Studs
Brian Crower Titanium Valve Springs + Retainer
My break-in plan is going to be exactly as how MotoTuneUSA described it, with my max RPM chosen at 8500.
1. (3x) 50%-TPS pull from 3400-5100rpm
2. (3x) 75%-TPS pull from 3400-6800rpm
3. (3x) 100%-TPS pull from 2550-8500rpm
Currently, I have done an initial start-up of the car, and idled for 15min before draining the oil. The second day, I attempted to practise with SManager by tuning the AFR at mid-RPM revving stationary. That absolutely failed as I didn't really know what I was doing, which is partial reason why I decided to post a thread and obtain feedback and advise. I desktop-recorded my second-time start-up:
Copied from my other forum post:
Right now, all I really want is to nail down the break-in and seating the rings ASAP with relatively safe AFR levels, then proceeding to tuning the fuel in detail and ignition later on. I feel quite overwhelmed by all this.PROCESS
I was suggested by someone to try adjusting the fuel trim. I was suggested to check and adjust accordingly for valve clearance, which was why I searched up for valve lash when I felt paranoid hearing what may have been improper valve clearance. As well, before starting the car, I made changes to "Rate of change" in Parameters/Closed Loop by making all 'Slow' values to 5, and all 'Fast' values to 99.
During the later parts in the video, I started revving the car up in hopes of getting a feel of tuning the fuel value for proper AFR. I honestly didn't know what I was doing =/. I read that when in closed loop, changing the short term adjustments of min and max to 0% would help prevent the car from messing up the AFR. Not knowing what to do and continuously witnessing high AFR at high RPM revving, I just gave up, and decided to report my findings and see what you all could say about it.
Changing fuel trim during the warm-up did have an effect on AFR. During that time though, my short term adjustments were at -20% +20% for min and max, respectively.
Changing the short term adjustments to 0% on min and max while the car's running didn't seem like it did anything.
Making the fuel value higher and pulling up on the 2D graph didn't seem like it richen the AFR during those mid-RPM revving.