Idle Surge Only After Cleaning Throttle Body

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Idle Surge Only After Cleaning Throttle Body

Post by Spunkster »

Sounds like a problem with your throttle body. Try swapping it with a known good one.
Dekorum

Post by Dekorum »

What problems could a throttle body? I wonder how this problem could appear just from cleaning it lightly while on the engine. Getting a known good P73 throttle body is not that easy to find..
Dekorum

Post by Dekorum »

Any thoughts on how to get a known good one?

Can you explain what could be wrong with the throttle body?

Yesterday when driving around my car would sometimes start idle surging for a few seconds after stopping for stop lights. Does that mean that underneath all of this, my new IACV from the junkyard is still a piece of shit like my old one?
V-Spec race development

Post by V-Spec race development »

That is posible. Check the butterfly of the TB if it's slightly open.
Dekorum

Post by Dekorum »

Ok, my throttle plate did not appear to be open but open pushing it closed tighter it would drop my idle. I adjusted the little allen head throttle adjustment screw until the idle was around 500 with the IACV unplugged. I then plugged the IACV in and set my idle according to Hondata, using the IACV duty cycle. The problem is gone but I noticed that when my motor is completely cold and I start it up, the idle will only be at 1100 or so then when it warms up it will drop to closer to 900-1000 RPM. Back before this occurred, I am pretty sure that when my motor was cold it would idle at around 2000 RPM until my motor warmed up. Which one of these is normal? Maybe I need to readjust some things.