Upgrading to white board s300 v3

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
GSRtrent

Upgrading to white board s300 v3

Post by GSRtrent »

I have the original s300 board and it does not support blue tooth even with the update? Correct me if I am wrong, please.

Is there a way I can send the ecu in, or get a licensed dealer, to switch boards to the white board for minimal cost/refund/difference in cost in boards? Or would I have to buy a brand new white board all together? I really want the blue tooth capability but I do not want to spend the full price on a new board. It doesn't seem fair to me since I already have the older s300 board installed.

Thank you.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Upgrading to white board s300 v3

Post by Hondata »

What do you mean 'even with the update?' The software update? The new s300 has a Bluetooth radio on board; the older s300s don't.

See http://www.hondata.com/s300.html for upgrades.
Hondata
GSRtrent

Post by GSRtrent »

Okay thanks I see it now.
seelback

Post by seelback »

I have a V1 S300. Will you guys be offering a upgrade to the V3 like you did with the V1 to V2 upgrade?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Yes. See http://www.hondata.com/s300.html for upgrades.
Hondata
seelback

Post by seelback »

Hondata wrote:Yes. See http://www.hondata.com/s300.html for upgrades.
Ok thank you. Does the aim and racepak read all the sensors the s300 monitors without having to use specific sensors to make the aim or racepak display it?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Both the MXL & IQ3 can show a subset of the s300 sensors. See the AiM & RacePak documentation for the sensors, but it roughly the same as the KPro serial output sensors (http://www.hondata.com/help/kmanager/serialoutput.htm).
Hondata
rudebwoy

Post by rudebwoy »

I am ready to squeeze the trigger on the order button. but first.
My main questions are about the display options, the only reason I want the upgrade is the display. Now for the questions will the Racepak display be plug and play using the required harness? or is required direct splicing of each wire to specific sensors? or the worst will it requires programming the display to read the Honda specific signals? also what about for external sensors such as oil pressure, oil temperature, Boost, AFR, EGT, will it accepts the signal from these sensors to minimize the extra gauges require with these, I have all these and would like to have them in a single display, I know you are not the racepak rep. but since you approved it to work on the new s300v3 you may know these answers.

thanks...bigboost.
Last edited by rudebwoy on Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I guess you mean 'not the racepak rep?' The RacePak system is not explained that well by RacePak, especially once you get into connector cables.

With the RacePak you need the RacePak KPro adapter 230-VM-EFIHON. It has a single wire that runs to the s300. The channels are speed, rpm, gear, iat, ect, lambda, voltage, tps, map, injector, ignition. It's fairly easy to set up and very flexible, but the 230-VM-EFIHON costs 60% of the dash itself, and the cables are expensive.

For other sensors (non ECU) you need to wire them in to the RacePak dash, either using the RacePak VNet sensor, or the 230-VM-USM universal sensor module ($200).

All the modules add a lot to the cost, but if you're starting from scratch it is cheaper the use a sensor, the USM and the RacePak gauge rather than the autometer electric guage or the RacePak VNet sensor. eg RacePak gauge + 1/4 USM + = $195 per sensor plus the sensor itelf ($25-$115), which is a little more than a full sweep electric Autometer gauge, but gives you the dash display, alarms on the dash, alarm on the gauge and a lot more flexibility. VNet sensors are $250 each.
Hondata
DV8

Post by DV8 »

Liking the look of this - just wondering will the PWM components be affected?

Are you upgrading the ECU's we send in (removing old board and adding new)?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

PWM - boost control? Only the s300 is changed; the ECU is not altered (we don't require it).
Hondata
DV8

Post by DV8 »

Hondata wrote:PWM - boost control? Only the s300 is changed; the ECU is not altered (we don't require it).
Ok cool, so i just lift the S300 board from the socket/ecu and mail it to you?

Do you have a UK vendor that I can mail the old one too or is it international mail to you only?
johnnyvtec

Post by johnnyvtec »

as far a using the aim dash what sensors does dash get from the s300 board. i would like to have egt, iat, ect, rpm, speed, boost, gear, oil pressure, fuel pressure, and afr at the the very least
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

AiM uses speed, rpm, gear, IAT, ECT, INJ, IGN, voltage, MAP & TPS.
Hondata
Yaponets

Post by Yaponets »

Hello!
I want to connect the motor protection through the oil pressure sensor.
Which sensor should I buy?
What additional parts to install?
Which track should I use?
Is there a detailed connection scheme?
Thank you.