ELD d10 not working! can only use d14 primary o2 sensor

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
forevertrj

Re: ELD d10 not working! can only use d14 primary o2 sensor

Post by forevertrj »

BACK FROM THE DEAD! problem solved! This may be an issue for me only though so don't get your hopes up. This is a solution if someone is having an issue where your car will start and run for about 4-5 minutes or until warmish, then won't start no matter what you try. Today I was poking around in my pinouts, removed my wideband from the D10 plug to see if she would run! Fired it up closed loop on the stock O2 sensor. after a bit I wanted to try open loop again, as soon as I did it worked for 30 seconds then died. what the F! i mean come on! turns out after taking the ECU out of the case and putting it back in I didn't tighten the brass bracket for the transistor or mosfet at the back of the case near the plugs, see picture! whatever this is controlling just right shit the bed when trying to run the car. As soon as I bolted the brass bracket down and it cooled off I've had no further issues!
Attachments
P06-CHIPPED-ECU-2T.png
P06-CHIPPED-ECU-2T.png (293.72 KiB) Viewed 2031 times
Let's not make assumptions, please leave as much detail as possible!
Looneybinjim

Post by Looneybinjim »

Bringing this one back from the dead!!! That brass piece was loose on my ECU too and I was wondering if that was causing my crank/no start issue and also my running like crap issue. I put a screw back in there but care still wont start!!!!!!!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

That is the voltage regulator and if it overheats it will damage it. It must be properly attached to keep form overheating. IF it has overheated it may already be damaged.
Looneybinjim

Post by Looneybinjim »

And if that bad boy is bad can it cause my crank no start issue?
forevertrj

Post by forevertrj »

The issue I'm having is hesitation while the engine is cold, I think I'm going to order a new voltage regulator chip and capacitor kit. Also I now have issues with larger injectors and the idle not working properly, I found my issue as to why the open loop wasn't working, my ground wire for pin either A24 or A26 probably A26 if memory serves me, was corroded and broken inside the insulation at the thermostat, I definitely need to rewire the entire engine harness to fix any unknown electrical issues.
Let's not make assumptions, please leave as much detail as possible!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If it is damaged the ECU will not power up.