feul issues

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
dannie ricks

feul issues

Post by dannie ricks »

im running all stock b18b1 non vtec im using zeitronix zt2 wideband and s300 v3 and as of late my car has been runnin really rich according to display @ idle about 12.83 and it varies between that and 10 .68 afr and i noticed that when i turned off a/c and lights and heater it leaned out to about 15.35 afr and at load about 14.18 plz any help would be greatly appreciated as i am new to tuning and hondata ! car 94 integra with 450cc dsm injectors aem air intake ebay knock off exhaust and header msd sci complete ignition and nology hot wires !
dannie ricks

Re: feul issues

Post by dannie ricks »

Update figured out that I had my wideband air off zeitronix zt2 was hardliner to d10 pin SO I disabled eld in hondata and no more funny running do to overly rich mixture ! In finding this out I notice that display in hondata is fluctuating with nothing on AFR is 15.40 and at load its at 14.70 witch I think is good BC my car runs like something is trying to rape it but when turn on heater or lights etc.it Richens up to about 12.70 and at load 11.80 is this do to a voltage offset that have not done and if so how would I go about checking what to get the the offset to make the adjustment ! Again noob to tuning and hondata so any help would be greatly appreciated !
forevertrj

Re: feul issues

Post by forevertrj »

Your dead times are incorrect for 12 volts, if you have no accessories or lights or music on and your afr are perfect then 14 volt dead times and 16v dead times are probably ok, when you turn electronic devices that draw more amperage your voltage will drop as well, dead times are in place to compensate for the injectors being adversely effected by this drop in voltage due to more current draw, basically get the car idling so it's steady at whatever afr, obviously Wait till she's warmed up of course, then I usually turn my headlights high beams and blower motor to full blast and windshield wipers to full and stereo with amp bumping to max volume then go under 12v dead time and if you getting a richer mixture with more excretories on lower the dead time with the ctrl+d function to decrease the value by 1%, you can manually change the number if ctrl+d and ctrl+I can't get it perfect.

I've posted a huge write up on setting dead times if your want a more detailed explanation but for your application I'm positive it's just your 12v dead time leaving the injectors open for too long so you'll need to decrease the dead time

Also at max load your afr should be 13.0-13.5 not 14, unless your on some race gas that's great at preventing knock.