fuel pump not priming

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
rsfire

fuel pump not priming

Post by rsfire »

Hello, I just converted my obd0 90 crx with a turbo ZC to obd1 hondata. It ran great before swapping out, but now it's not starting.

Looks like I have spark but no fuel. My fuel gauge is at 0 and I don't hear the pump prime like it used to.

Are my sensors supposed to read real-time on SManager? My computer connects fine to hondata, but none of my sensors are reading anything.

Could distributor and MSD 6 wiring affect any of this? I rewired my new obd1 zc dizzy onto my old obd0 plugs, maybe I could have mixed something up? I don't know what other errors I could make to cause this. thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: fuel pump not priming

Post by Spunkster »

It really could be anythign at this point. Start by trying your ECU/s300 in a known working vehicle and see if that works first.
rsfire

Post by rsfire »

Yeah that's for sure. From some research looks like it could be my thermostat ground, sounded like a lot of people had exact same issue. Only I don't see it anywhere, not sure if a previous owner re-positioned it or what. Time to hunt for it.

And looks like my sensors are working, just needed to enable the datalogging. I'm still learning it all.

And I'll ask around, not too sure if I can find a buddy that can test it
rsfire

Post by rsfire »

Looks like pin 4(starter switch) in the main relay is getting no power. I'll need to trace it back and see if it's not getting power from ecu or what. I found all my grounds, all look good.
rsfire

Post by rsfire »

I just stuck my old ecu back in and turned the key, my fuel pump kicked right on. so it seems like my issues is something with the ecu or it's jumper harness. Can anyone give me some advice? Anyone know what pin I could check for the output?

I tried starting it while I had some pressure left in the system and it seems like my injectors(ID 1000cc) aren't firing, the pressure stayed the same. Looks like my RPM isn't getting picked up by ecu either, it doesn't seem to change
rsfire

Post by rsfire »

Well I for now just wired my fuel pump up to an acc source. It runs and drives now, just needs a tune. Though I still need to figure out why the fuel pump relay isn't getting voltage.
I checked the main relay harness according to the manual and pin 4(blue/white) gets no voltage, and ign switch fuse(#2) gets no voltage. I have yet to figure out where that gets it's power from. Ecu? I did check ecu pin 7(fuel pump switch) and it has voltage. I guess maybe I need to search for ign switch in ecu maybe