new to Hondata and having issues

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
cityofcaterpillars

new to Hondata and having issues

Post by cityofcaterpillars »

I have an s200 v1 in a po6 with vtec conversion. Engine is a stock d16z6. Innovate lc-2 wired to d10

I'm having a few issues with it. When I tune the map the AFR keep changing. I can get it to idle at 14.7 but after a drive at idle the AFR will be as low as 10:1 or as high as 16:1 according to the wideband gauge. when datalogging its not recording the same AFR's. Yes I adjusted the voltage offset.

The ecu will periodically lose connection with the laptop and the reconnect. Data logging will freeze. And last but not least it keeps recording a code 9 CYP error. I know this is false because I have used different ecu's and there's no CEL.

Any help with be great.
cityofcaterpillars

Re: new to Hondata and having issues

Serial number is s300 8672
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Are you using resistor type, or non-resistor type spark plugs? If you do not get an error code with a different ECU then it sounds like your ECU is damaged and will need to be replaced.
cityofcaterpillars

Im not sure on the spark plugs Im going to check that today. Is there a difference between spark plugs with resistors and plugs that say resistor type : suppressor. Would the wrong spark plugs cause the other problems besides the freezing?
cityofcaterpillars

Checked the plugs and they do have a register. They're NGK
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Since you have emailed us about this there is no need to continue posting in the forum.