s300 V3 FTS

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
miahjera04

s300 V3 FTS

Post by miahjera04 »

Anyone using the "full throttle shift" feature? any full write ups on how to properly set it up. All help/advice greatly appreciated!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: s300 V3 FTS

Post by Spunkster »

Have you read the info in the help file: http://www.hondata.com/help/smanager/fu ... tsub=shift
miahjera04

Post by miahjera04 »

Yes
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What specifically do you want to know?
miahjera04

Post by miahjera04 »

Basically exactly how to wire it up. Do i run a wire from the pos side of the clutch switch to an analog input on the s300 board. Say, the ac switch input? Pick that input in the settings in the software. Assign the rpms,etc. How do you test it once it's wired to make sure it's working. What kind of noise does it make,etc. I have a 92 civic,according to Google schematics I've find,the pos wire on the clutch switch is "pnk"
forevertrj

Post by forevertrj »

I would never wire a positive into the hondata pin out. take a voltmeter to the clutch switch and measure if it's a 12v source or a 0v ground. if its' a ground wire the non grounded side into the ecu pin you want to use, if it's a hot 12v, add a relay in between the ecu and the clutch wire and then wire the relay to short to ground for you when the clutch is activated. I don't have a schematic because one isn't really necessary but I can draw one up or find one if you are that confused.
Let's not make assumptions, please leave as much detail as possible!
beanbooger

Post by beanbooger »

This is a great question and I haven't seen a good answer yet. I want to do this with my trackday '98 civic.

For the activation input, choices are:
Always on ...Under what circumstances would this be chosen? Wouldn't this be just like an always on rev limiter?
Air Conditioning Switch...I still have my AC, so that doesn't seem likely
Power Steering Pressure...Again, still running power steering so not the best option
Service Connector Switch...This looks like the best candidate.
Brake Switch...this one is a maybe...
VTEC Pressure...this one is a maybe too...

So this is where I'm looking for input on best way to go.

I'm thinking of using the existing starter cut clutch switch for this and just tapping into the starter cut relay BLU/BLK wire,I can apply ground when the pedal is depressed, but that will put 12v on that pin when it is not depressed, is that ok?

Thanks for any help and input on this! I'd love to see what other people have done and how that has worked out.
forevertrj

Post by forevertrj »

So on the Diagram pin 4 of the starter cut relay you can wire in a diode with the correct polarity so that 12v cannot pass into the ecu, but when the switch triggers a ground the circuit will ground and trigger your input properly, the thing is there is only power going to the clutch switch during the start phase of the key and ignition rotation. so you could wire in a relay to disconnect the ecu wire from the circuit when 12v flows in the start circuit, and then reconnects the ecu when you are in ignition on, or just go with idea 1 and use one diode inline.
Attachments
Diode Method
Diode Method
2010-10-08_213255_2.gif (45.73 KiB) Viewed 2844 times
Starter schematic
Starter schematic
2010-10-08_213255_1.gif (39.9 KiB) Viewed 2844 times
forevertrj

Post by forevertrj »

also to help the first guy out, wire pins C and D, one side to ground if it isn't already wired and the other terminal to your ECU input pin, see the diagram for reference, then when you pull back for the intermittent wipers you'll short your pin out to the ground you wired and the 2 step will engage.
Attachments
Wiper diagram
Wiper diagram
Wiper2.gif (38.25 KiB) Viewed 2844 times
miahjera04

Post by miahjera04 »

Still waiting on forever to draw me up a full detailed dummy prop write up for $20
forevertrj

Post by forevertrj »

I'm not doing it for 20$ I've given out lots of info. how hard is it too do a little more research, testing with an ohm meter and splice some wires? Doing a proper write up would take hours, pictures, and compiling the information into a cohesive instruction manual. I'm far too busy and have other priorities. If you have questions I'll answer them to the best of my ability.
miahjera04

Post by miahjera04 »

I don't necessarily need a full blown write up. Just a few pics of exactly where to splice into,etc. I hate wiring and I don't wanna fuck up my ecu