Digikey part # female headers!

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
forevertrj

Digikey part # female headers!

Post by forevertrj »

I was working on the s300 soldering the headers onto the ecu main board, and while handling the S300 bent the 4 pin data log female header, I went to my local electronic store and got some new female headers but they are a touch longer then the ones on the hondata board, and not the same shape inside the plastic molding. I was wondering if you had the part # at Digikey or just the Manufacturers part # for the 14 female pin header rails and the 4 pin data log header rails.
Let's not make assumptions, please leave as much detail as possible!
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Digikey part # female headers!

Post by Hondata »

They're fairly rare because we sampled all the available female connectors and choose the most sturdy
AMPHENOL FCI 68685-320LF
Digikey, mouser have them.
Hondata
forevertrj

Re: Digikey part # female headers!

Post by forevertrj »

thanks so much! yea the headers seem to be a solid build, height is nice, and connectivity is great, i just wasn't paying attention and managed to push on it the wrong way by accident and bent it 90 degrees. I'll order some from digikey they are probably like 10cents.

-- Also I'm in the middle of troubleshooting some gremlins in this ecu and having a real hard time finding a ECU circuit diagram or board view software to see where certain traces go to on the other side of the board, by any chance do you guys have a PDF of the honda obd1 schematic or any boardview files that can help trace the power circuits, and voltages at specific chip in and outputs. I find it supremely inconvenient to have to reverse engineer the board.
Let's not make assumptions, please leave as much detail as possible!