Map sensor reading high

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Knox

Map sensor reading high

Post by Knox »

Hello, I tuned a b18 gsr engine 1 year before with hondata s300 on dyno and owner use this car for one year without any issues. Nowadays sometimes map sensor reads high, for example switch on but engine doesn't work map sensor should read atmospere pressure which is about 100kpa but map sensor reads 115-120kpa. And while driving the car with constant speed map sensor should read somewhere 40-50kpa but it reads around 80kpa and because of that injectors open too much and engine runs rich. I checked the map sensor, map sensor wirings but nothing changed. Can it be from stock ecu or s300 ?

Thanks.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Map sensor reading high

Post by Hondata »

What sort of MAP is it? Measure the voltage and see what it reads at atmospheric. That will tell you if it is the MAP or ECU.
Hondata
Knox

Post by Knox »

Hondata wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:37 am What sort of MAP is it? Measure the voltage and see what it reads at atmospheric. That will tell you if it is the MAP or ECU.
It is oem honda b series map sensor. Interesting thing is usually when car sits some hours engine works fine and map sensor reads correct and after some driving starts to read higher and slowly increase the map pressure. I mean lets say first starts to read 3-4kpa more and by the time pass start to read 115-120 at the end owner says engine stop because of too much fuel.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The OEM MAP should read 2.8V at atmospheric. I'd also check the voltage supply is 5.0V to the MAP.
Hondata