Rich warmup, not sure what to adjust

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
boofman11

Rich warmup, not sure what to adjust

Post by boofman11 »

Hello. I have a b18c spec r with s300 v3 and i was running the stock ITR basemap originally and it needed minimal adjustments. I recently put in a set of skunk2 tuner 1 cams, and started over with a new ITR basemap, but the main difference i have noticed is that when warming up the engine from cold my AFR stays in the low 11s which it did not used to do before. I am running an innovate LC1 wideband to d14. I started to try and adjust the open loop IAT and ECT compensations 'down' to adjustments and have noticed minimal differences.

Once the ECT appears to reach 144F the idle moves rather quickly to 14.7 and is pretty solid in that range.

Any ideas? Thanks
crluver123

Re: Rich warmup, not sure what to adjust

Post by crluver123 »

set the IAT comps back to the values they used to be. Then lower only the ect compensations.

Post a copy of your map too, we can take a look and see if anything else might be the culprit, and see what your compensation settings are
boofman11

Post by boofman11 »

I basically started back over with a fresh map and only adjusted the base table fuel around idle to match the old map and the low engine load water compensation. I tried adjusting these numbers down slightly while warming up and i didn't really see any changes.
Attachments
map1.jpg
map1.jpg (53.54 KiB) Viewed 2382 times
boofman11

Post by boofman11 »

during the datalog i had decreased the open loop low engine load settings, sorry for the confusion.
Attachments
idle.s3d
(2.26 MiB) Downloaded 120 times
new itr.skl
(46.41 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
crluver123

Post by crluver123 »

I looked the datalog over.
Start over again with a fresh stock ITR map. Leave all the compensations alone. Go to the closed loop tab and set it to open loop. Enter your wideband voltage table of course too, but keep the car in open loop at all times, and do a full tune. Make sure to calibrate TPS, and lock ignition timing at 15 degrees and set the base timing with a timing light, adjusting the distributor so the timing cover pointer lines up with the middle of the 3 marks on the crank pulley.
In short, your fuel maps need MAJOR adjustments.
Through that entire datalog, you had long term fuel trims of -11%. Then as soon as it switched to closed loop, short term fuel trims kicked in and went straight to -14% and tapered down to -22%. That means your main fuel table has roughly 33% too much fuel in the idle areas, and would definitely be the reason why it's running so rich during warmup.
I also saw you had a bouncing idle when you touched the throttle, which tells me you probably have too much ignition timing too, probably from the distributor being too advanced.
boofman11

Post by boofman11 »

OK, thanks for looking it all over. I will follow your advice and report back.
robsy2

Post by robsy2 »

is 15 degrees base time for ITR b18c6 too ??