s300v1 Download

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
boom33

s300v1 Download

Post by boom33 »

I've been reading and watching lots of videos on the s300 and SManager. I have a P28 with s300v1. At least one popular youtuber with lots of training videos on the product suggests not "Downloading" whenever possible because the file can be easily corrupted. That kind of sounds strange to me, but obviously he has more experience than I ever will. How else am I supposed to get the calibration for my particular car? (I recently bought a turbo'd and tuned Integra. I don't have the .skl file.) I'm not looking to modify the calibration at this point but I'd like to have a copy of it and obviously see how some things have been setup. Protection Parameters, etc. Am I rolling the dice on receiving a corrupted file if I download it?

Also I'm guessing I can use the "Display" window, when connected, to view sensors, inputs and outputs if I just use a similar basemap? (No upload or download.)

Thanks!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: s300v1 Download

Post by Spunkster »

You can attempt to download, but there is a chance that the calibration may be corrupted. If this is the case there is nothing you can do. If you overwrite what is on the s300 with a corrupted calibration, then you will have no choice but to start with a new calibration and retune it.

The display window allows you to set custom displays to view the data that is datalogged. This has nothing to do with what calibration is used.
boom33

Post by boom33 »

Thanks Spunkster!
So really I have nothing to lose by trying to download it, as long as I don't re-upload it.
How will I know if the file is corrupt?

As far as my "Display" window question, I'm talking about viewing live sensors while the car is running. (with a default basemap loaded, not my particular calibration)

Thanks again!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Look at the tables to see if they look sensible, if they don't it is corrupt. If you do not upload you will not loose what is on the s300.
boom33

Post by boom33 »

Well the download worked and it doesn't appear to be corrupted. The tables look good!
I don't intend to make any changes any time soon as the motor seems to be running well, but is a good feeling to have a copy of the calibration and know that I can change things if I need to.