Fuel Minimum Compensation Load Based question

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Furble

Fuel Minimum Compensation Load Based question

Post by Furble »

Question about the minimum compensation load based. I'm not sure how much load it's based on but for the purposes of this post I want to compare it to "Water Temp Compensation Open Loop High Load" for times when the engine is under high load.

So if the value at a temp for mimimum comp load based is higher then the value for same temp under Water Temp Comps Open Loop High Load" wouldn't the mimimum comp load based always win out thus negating the open loop high load comp?

That was extremely confusing so here might be a simpler way to ask if someone can answer this:

Water Temp Open Loop High Load Comp @ 168f = 10.2
Minimum Comp Load Based @168f = 20.3

Which one wins if the engine is under high load and the water temp is exactly 168f? Is there a clear winner or is a blending of the two?
Furble

Re: Fuel Minimum Compensation Load Based question

Post by Furble »

Let's also assume for this question that aside from ECT compensation and the min compensation load based at 168f all other possible compensations at this temp and moment in operating time are 0 so we are purely comparing the ECT high load open loop vs Minimum comp load based. Also assume closed loop is disabled and we are operating in open loop.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Yes, the help does not elaborate on the load based comp.

The ECU uses it when cranking and also in open loop. It provides extra fuel when the rpm is below 2000 rpm, the amount of fuel is low and the load is low. ie cold idle most likely. Sorry I can't be more specific at the moment.
Hondata
Furble

Post by Furble »

Well if you uncover more about it please post here. I’ve been trying to figure out how it works vs ECT high load open loop. Hoped my example would be easy to sort oh well.

From your description it sounds like you think it is more relevant to low load than to high load? Is that correct? If so then it would not have much if any interaction with ECT high load open loop.

Do you know if any compensations by this minimum are included within the ECT.c output?
DerBuegler0815

Post by DerBuegler0815 »

I think its a compensation that tapers up with rising load.

At idle its really not that dominant. I lowered the ect high load comp before because my car was running to rich if i put a small load on it when not warmed up yet. It didn't really help and i didn't set it back to normal. When i set my minimum comp to all 0 out of curiosity i got lean cut when cold and on the throttle. (because the minimum was now lower than the high load which was already tooooo damn low.)

Like i said. I think the percentage of change tapers up with the load applied to the engine.

I will try to set it equal to my high load comp when i got it tuned properly.

Like i said. I THINK thats how it works from what i worked out so far. Can't give 100% guarantee