Hondata's interaction with the ECU: comps & trims

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Furble

Hondata's interaction with the ECU: comps & trims

Post by Furble »

Are the values we enter in the comps and trims the final value used by the ECU, or are these additive to some base values that live in the ecu which we don't have visibility into?

For example, Tip In Trim is 0% and that works great, but I find it hard to believe that zero tip in trim is needed. There is no lean spike on tip in though I do get the momentary rich dip as if there was a trim added for tip pin.

And Post Start fuel trim, I have that set to zero as well, but I can tell some post start trim is being added by the ECU. Furthermore if I mess with the rate of decay I can prolong the post start fuel trim to last much longer even though the trim itself is set to 0%. How can I prolong a trim that is 0%?

I understand it's a bit of a black box and it is what it is, but it would be good to know if the comps we add and trims we add are THE trims or are in addition to some trims that live within the black box that we have no control over.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Hondata's interaction with the ECU: comps & trims

Post by Hondata »

The values in the tables are what the ECU uses. It might have other components in the calculation, but the values are what it uses. I've always found that no tip in compensation works too.
Hondata