how much is the update going to cost us with the S200?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
blownintegra

how much is the update going to cost us with the S200?

Post by blownintegra »

how much is the ROM editor update going to cost us with the S200?

is it going to make tuning easier?

thanks!
locash

Post by locash »

Why do you feel screwed? Does the S200 not do the job it was intended to do? When Intel releases a new and faster processor, do they give you a trade in discount on your old one? When it comes to dealer requirements, I don't know of a single mass market EMS manufacturer that tests their dealers for proper tuning knowledge.

It is not Hondata's fault that your dealer does a shitty job or takes forever.

On a side note, he was asking about the software upgrade for the S200, not the new S300 system, so I'll answer his question with the information that I have been given.. S200 Software Upgrade Pricing has not yet been released, hopefully it happens soon, although I would assume that it would be in Hondata's best interest to make it a free upgrade to current RomEditor owners..
flip1199

Post by flip1199 »

Well Hondata offered a upgrade for those with the staged systems why not now? But i do feel screwed kinda since i jumped on the s200 deal only to find out if i waited i coulda got datalogging free. But instead they wanna charge me another 50 bucks for the datalogging upgrade?? wtf is that about...
locash

Post by locash »

Ralph, please understand that I am just trying to understand where you are coming from.. Did your dealer tell you two months ago that the S300 was coming out? If so, he's a lucky dealer, as I just found out a few weeks ago.. How did Hondata not allow you to make an informed decision? New products come out all the time, the longer you wait, the better the products and the better the prices get, thats just how it is, right? How can Hondata properly determine if their tuners are capable? Give them a written test, with questions regarding Volumetric Efficiency, Maximum Brake Torque Timing, and other related factors? Then again, who's not to say that the customers engine blew up because it was assembled by a monkey that doesnt know what plastigauge or proper torque specifications are? As any tuner knows, 95% of the cars that come in for tuning are not ready to be tuned, and there are ALWAYS shortcuts taken that you don't always see until it is too late. Yes, there are "tuners" that don't know what they are doing. Is AEM also sending you into a "land mine field" with their tuner list? They don't require much more than a dealer showing up at their class, who's to say the tuner didnt sleep through it? Basically what I am saying is that you can't blame Hondata for sending you to a tuner that blows your car up.. I have never had any issues with their customer service, but I seem to read that a lot of people do. Perhaps they, as a manufacturer, want you to ask your dealer the questions?

Good thread, please continue it, as it can't hurt, and the longer it stays active, the higher the chance that Hondata reps will read it and possibly change their outlook on the situation..
locash

Post by locash »

Ah, I see your point. It also sounds like I should buy up a few of those S200's with boost for $200. :) I still feel the system works as advertised, although at the same time, It would be nice if all options (including boost) were included at the price of a standard S200..
locash

Post by locash »

Not Illinois, Arizona..
turbosi92

Post by turbosi92 »

Ralph Spencer wrote:I tried to get a date out of JR with no luck.
Be paitient my young grasshopper. It will be worth it. :wink:
Ralph Spencer

Post by Ralph Spencer »

I misread Locash.
It's Suprdave thats in Illinois.
He is listed right above you at HRT.
Too bad your out in the desert.
Do turbo timers even help out there?
Furnace tuning :)
in time, on time
locash

Post by locash »

Hah, yes, it is damn hot, I think it was 116 today. Tuning in this heat sure sucks..
blownintegra

Post by blownintegra »

I'm not pissed at Hondata, I just wanted to know prices.