Where to set Fuel PSI in software settings?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
oscarmayer

Where to set Fuel PSI in software settings?

Post by oscarmayer »

I've been workong on trying to set up my initial startup settings, but I have found no place to put my fuel psi. it used to be on the older S200 where the injector size is but after goign through every setting in the paramaters and not finding it, i'm not sure what to do. help please!!!!
Got Boost?

OscarMayer
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

There is no fuel pressure setting in Smanager software. IT is not really necessary with the oter adjustments you can easily make now.
oscarmayer

Post by oscarmayer »

ok, I can see that to a point, but to me that still doesn;t tell the system to compensate for X amount of fuel pressure with X sized injectors. to me it woudl seem it woudl really help with tuning the engine a bit easier as it's one more defined paramater for the system work from. w/o it your forced to guess startup settings, and everythign else is a lets hope this works till you continue to change it. it basucally makes tuning time way more increased.

would you guys be able to put that back as it dos help with tuning.?
Got Boost?

OscarMayer
Silverbeast

Post by Silverbeast »

Set the fuel pressure to stock and start tuning. There is no need turn it up to get the car to start with the features of the S300.
st00pid

Post by st00pid »

Injectors are generally rated at 43-45psi, The difference in pressure is also the difference in injector flow. If you raise the pressure by 10% you increase the flow by 10% at the same pulsewidth.
CivicVTi

Post by CivicVTi »

Actually the increase in flow is the square root of the increase in pressure. So if you up pressure by 10% (or by a factor of 1.1) the increase in flow will be close to 5% (1.05*1.05 is almost 1.10)