Hondata, help! MIL on without codes, S300 online

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
strider

Hondata, help! MIL on without codes, S300 online

Post by strider »

I have a B18C (JDM GSR) with a USDM (of course) P72 running S300. Wired with a LM-1 and selected in the SManger.

First, I have hooked up anohter ECU and I don't get a MIL. I haven't tried to start the motor yet because it is a new build and I don't want to screw something up.

When I hook up the P72 with the S300 the MIL light stays on even after loading a base map. I have tried the JDM and USDM base maps and the same thing happens. I unplug the usb cable from the ECU turn the key off and back on and the MIL doesn't go away. I can hear the fuel pump kick on. And the injectors work. When I unplug the fuse for the fuel pump the lights go off of the S300.

Speaking of lights, there is one green LED and one red LED that are always on. The red LED (D1 if I recall) flashs when sending information between the SManger and S300.

The SManger reports no error codes for the MIL. I can't pull the codes when jumping the connector. The MIL just stays solid.

Will the MIL go away when the car starts? I just feel that this isn't right.

Thanks
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Can you datalog from the ECU once a calibration has been uploaded? If you don't want to start the engine then verify something like pressing the brake pedal changes the brake sensor when datalogging.
Hondata
strider

Post by strider »

Dataloging seems to works. But I couldn't download from the ECU after recording. Maybe I did something wrong.

I'll have to try the brake light and see if that does anything.

Forgot to mention, this cars was originally OBD2a. But another OBD1 ecu didn't keep the MIL on.

Should the red light on the S300 be on all the time?

Do you think the P72 ecu is messed up?

Thanks!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Who did the socketing on the ecu? Most problems we have seen are from bad socketing...lifted or burned tracks.
strider

Post by strider »

I was thinking that might have something to do with it. I checked several of the points with a multimeter for continuity and it seemed good. Though I wasn't sure where all of them went. I was compairng to another OBD1 board.

Is there a schematic for the P72 that I could look at?

Thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No we do not have any schematics, but you should be able to visually follow the lead and check continuity from there it goes to the in on the s300....no continuity indicates a problem.
strider

Update

Post by strider »

Well, I bought a new P72 ecu, new set of pins, and a new latch. Had the S300 installed into the newer ECU and the MIL doesn't stay on anymore. The S300 seems to be working correctly. :D