s300 datalogging probs and fuel cut and no vtec

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
ACe

s300 datalogging probs and fuel cut and no vtec

Post by ACe »

Today I was datalogging when suddenly it froze. Rebooted the laptop but whenever I click F10, all sensor displays show 0 values, nothing more.
however, I think that that's USB drivers which need to be reinstalled. The reason is that in the help file it says that I need to have S300 Manager in the USB driver list in the device manager. There isn't anything with Hondata. I will re-install this afternoon and re-check. Laptop is a IBM Thinkpad T40.

Another thing, when I go on hard accelleration, at 4000 rpm there is suddenly sth like a fuel cut off, or rpm limiter. First I thought this may be a boost cut or similar, but my engine runs a JRSC with 8-9 psi only.
The settings for boost cut are CBT11psi, CHT 50Celsius, HBT 12psi.

Also, I have no VTEC anymore. Whenever VTEC should be engaged (4500rpm) , the car loses power instantly and VPS error code comes up. That's quite strange, cause I do not have that sensor on my car, and yes, it's switched off in SManager (the option is unticked)
I have also swapped the whole VTEC solenoid yesterday, no success. There is enough also enough oil in the engine. The problem came up suddenly.

However, I think that I may be the one to blame first. I have had a IACV sensor error which I could only fix by connecting the IACV ECU pin to the IACV sensor by an external wire. As a result, I must have a wiring issues somewhere, which could lead to those strange symptoms. So feel free to kick my a...:oops:
ACe

Post by ACe »

Hi,

The VTEC issue has been fixed. Do not dare to say what it was.
I could also not think of if somebody asked me, it was more or less a desperate last idea. But I got it.
The used ECU is a P75, and the guy who socketed it, "forgot" to put in the VTEC conversion. No comment please. :wink: