tuning question?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
95lshatch

tuning question?

Post by 95lshatch »

this may sound stupid but im barely geting into tuning. i have a non vtec ls motor and i want to tune it my self, so that i can learn. on the smanager it says low speed fuel and ignition and than high speed fuel and ignition. from reading on this website and tutorials, that is for a vtec engine high speed fuel would be after vtec and low speed would be before vtec. since i dont have vtec should i only be tuning the high speed or low speed tables or make them both the same. IM confused please help.
locash

Post by locash »

Welcome to the forum! You should only be tuning on the low cam tables, unless you have a need for more resolution and higher rpm..

Good luck, and be careful when using the ignition tables, that is an easy way to damage a perfectly good motor..
95lshatch

Post by 95lshatch »

thanks for the awnser now i understand it better
cinq

Post by cinq »

locash wrote:Welcome to the forum! You should only be tuning on the low cam tables, unless you have a need for more resolution and higher rpm..

Good luck, and be careful when using the ignition tables, that is an easy way to damage a perfectly good motor..
Listen to Locash...he's the man. :) Also, it's best you don't mess with the ignition tables until you know what you're doing.

Good luck learning.