IAB inverting only once?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
strider

IAB inverting only once?

Post by strider »

I have an OBDII JDM B18C (GSR) running an OBDI P72 with S300. I installed a standard automotive relay (12 volt 30 amp) to fix the problem with the IAB output on the OBDI ecu grounding instead of sending 12 volts. (All thanks to RMS? procedure.) So now the butterflies switch on. My problem now, is that I haven?t tuned this new motor yet, so I can?t see if they switch off and then back to on while revving up and down. So, I thought I would test this by inverting them through the Smanger. The IAB inverting switched them off, but I tried to switch them back on again and it wouldn?t go back to on. I had to turn the car to the off position and then back to the on position to switch it back.

Does the S300 only allow you to invert the IAB setting once, and then you have to turn the car off and then on, to switch it back? Or would this mean something else is wrong and the IAB will only switch once while driving in my case?

This drawing shows how I wired my relay.

Thanks!
Attachments
IAB.JPG
IAB.JPG (32.38 KiB) Viewed 709 times

Hondata
Site Admin

Re: IAB inverting only once?

Post by Hondata »

strider wrote:Does the S300 only allow you to invert the IAB setting once, and then you have to turn the car off and then on, to switch it back?
You can use SManager to invert the IAB output multiple times. However, the engine may need to be running in order for the ECU to correctly switch the runners.
Hondata