s300 iab problem

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
a29virgo

s300 iab problem

Post by a29virgo »

hi all, i'm driving a 96 ek hatch with OBD2a harness. i using a garrett gt28 on an 98 ek b16a4. here is my setup
motec 3 bar map sensor
arp head stut
wisceo 8:1
dc2 cam
560 evo injector
garrett gt28R
hondata s300 p28

]i experience loss of power when ever i shift gear and it will drop to 4500 - 5000. After which the rpm will climb steadily. I using a P28 S300 with an OBD2 > OBD1 wire harness. i have cut the A17 iab control of my adapter harness and connect it with a relay but the problem remain. Please advise me. A million thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

A B16 does not have have secondary runners, so i'm not quite sure what you are referring to. Has the car been fully tuned on the dyno?
a29virgo

Post by a29virgo »

Spunkster wrote:A B16 does not have have secondary runners, so i'm not quite sure what you are referring to. Has the car been fully tuned on the dyno?
yes, the car has been fully tuned on the dyno. My problem is such whenever i rev till 8500 then shift gear, RPM will drop to 4500 - 5000 and i will be experiencing flat spot. The car jerk and not willing to rev. But after this the rpm will climb as usual. I have the same problem as Aman from the Hondata s300 nightmare thread. The piece of s300 i'm using have been used before at an eg b16 gt30 OBD1 and it is working perfectly ok. I'm running on a stock 96 b16a4 intake manifold.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

This is a different problem. It may be similar to a previous problem posted on these forums, but it would be difficuly to have an IAB problem when your engine does not have IABs.

First check the sensor readings for abnormalities. I've seen a similar problem when the throttle body gasket was on backwards and the MAP was getting an incorrect signal.

Next look closely at the tuning. What AF was the car tuned to at full throttle? What does the AF do when you shift? Can you post the calibration?
Hondata
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You have a rather large turbo on a small engine...what you are experienceing sounds like turbo lag after shifting. You are falling out the the turbos range of efficiency when you are shifting.
a29virgo

Post by a29virgo »

Hondata wrote:This is a different problem. It may be similar to a previous problem posted on these forums, but it would be difficuly to have an IAB problem when your engine does not have IABs.

First check the sensor readings for abnormalities. I've seen a similar problem when the throttle body gasket was on backwards and the MAP was getting an incorrect signal.

Next look closely at the tuning. What AF was the car tuned to at full throttle? What does the AF do when you shift? Can you post the calibration?
ok, i will try to post the calibration up. On my friend eg9 using a gt30 with the same engine, the hondata s300 had no problem at all. My frien sold the same engine and s300 to me and i had this problem. The other frien of mine with the following setup also has the same problem.
wiseco 8:1
eagle conrod
arp head stuct
cosmetic gasket
resleeve
block post
gt3037
motec 3 bar map sensor
we are experiencing flat spot whenever we shift gear, we do not have this problem when we are using mircotech LT8. I suspect that the OBD2 > OBD1 harness is giving us problem?
a29virgo

Post by a29virgo »

Spunkster wrote:You have a rather large turbo on a small engine...what you are experienceing sounds like turbo lag after shifting. You are falling out the the turbos range of efficiency when you are shifting.
The turbo is just nice for the b16, it is a dual ball bearing turbo. boost kick in at 3k, full boost at 5.5k. rev max 9k. I'm pretty sure this is not a problem of turbo lag, because i dont have this problem when i'm using mircotech LT8. Moreover, the car jerks and it seem like injector nt working when the problem occur. Just that what Aman describe in the s300 nightmare thread
RMS

Post by RMS »

aman had a totally different problem... i had several emails with him personally.

honestly, it sounds like a tuning issue. if you post your skl file and a datalog that includes the engine displaying the issue (must have wideband o2 in the dl) then someone may be able to help you on here. i'd be happy to take a look, too.
RaVer Motorsports (559) 733-4711
ravermotorsports@earthlink.net
a29virgo

Post by a29virgo »

RMS wrote:aman had a totally different problem... i had several emails with him personally.

honestly, it sounds like a tuning issue. if you post your skl file and a datalog that includes the engine displaying the issue (must have wideband o2 in the dl) then someone may be able to help you on here. i'd be happy to take a look, too.
hi rms, i had sent a email to u. thanks