gm 3barmapsenser

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
crucian

Post by crucian »

NAterror wrote:OK, so what did you end up using for the offset? Since you said you used 599.844 for the scalar or did you? I was trying to help alex figure out the numbers, but we haven't been able to spend much time with it. Do to our schedules.
Ok, I did something different again from what I posted last time. I was experimenting even more with this feature. I have a Zeitronix wideband kit along with the boost sensor. As I was datalogging I realized that the vaccum reading on the display was different from that in Hondata. it was 1+ number off. That was when I was using the Motec 3 bar setting. So what I did was adjusted the scaler and offset in the hondata so that the vacuum and boost readings would match that of the Zeitronix read out. I came up with a scalar of 650 and offset of 14. The rest of the numbers didnt really match up to anything. As long as hondata and my zeitronix boost reading was matching up. Now when I'm tunning changes are being made in the right columns. Hopes this is making sense. By the way, the volteage on my GM 3bar with ignition on, engine not running is 1.47v. At idle it is around 0.48v. Maybe some of you guys with the same read outs as me can try the scalar and offset I used since everyone says not all GM3 bars are the same. Let me know if this works for others too.
alex

Post by alex »

crucian: I tried your values given above and it did in fact remove my bouncing idle issue.

However, the vacuum reading on my mechanical gauge is not matching up to the reading in SManager. For example, my mechanical gauge would show b/w 20-21"Hg while SManager shows 18"Hg. This seems off throughout.

For the goddamn life of me I've tried a good bit of scalars and offsets to try to match up what *various* websites are claiming to be the values for the 3bar sensor. I even looked it up by part number (12223861). I'll keep at it...but this is pretty annoying. They're all very close to the motec settings, but still give crappy idle.

Edit: Does anyone know if the Smanager allows you to view the MAP reading in just the voltage? That would make my life easier.
go where crows go
know what crows know
flip1199

Post by flip1199 »

any update on this? i know there has to be atleast a couple hundred guys running the gm 3 bar...
crucian

Post by crucian »

Basically all you have to do is make the S300 read the same as your boost and vacuum gauge. Just play with the scalar and offset. Maybe everyone's will not be the same.
Last edited by crucian on Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
alex

Post by alex »

alex wrote:Does anyone know if the Smanager allows you to view the MAP reading in just the voltage?
go where crows go
know what crows know
crucian

Post by crucian »

alex wrote:
alex wrote:Does anyone know if the Smanager allows you to view the MAP reading in just the voltage?
I don't think so. I get my MAP sensor voltage reading from the zeitronix.