Before i buy an S300

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
PurpleCivicTurbo

Before i buy an S300

Post by PurpleCivicTurbo »

Hello there, im new to this forum..

Ive downloaded the Hondata S300 ECU Manager and ive been looking at the stock maps. Im currently building a Civic B16a Turbo, and im taking it slowly..

I would like the S300 to run as standard on the NA setup until i am fully ready to run boost (money being the only constraint). I was looking at the stock maps and cant find one for the European P30...

I am aware that there are 3 variations of the P30; being US, JDM and Euro, and there only seem to be the earlier 2 listed... Can anyone point me in the right direction??

Thanks

Chris
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

There really is no difference, except the UKDM p30 has no knock board. This means that if you use a P30 G0# then you must disable the knock sensor.
PurpleCivicTurbo

Hey thanks alot for the quick reply!! So do i use the US map or the JDM map?? ..and then disable the knock sensor..
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You can try either, you may have to disable some other things that are not on that ecu, but you can easily do that in the software.
PurpleCivicTurbo

Thats cool...

Im sorry to keep asking what may be silly questions.. But from what i gather, the S300 will allow the MAP sensor to read boost. is this true, because i would like to get around using a check valve...
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

correct
Nagata-San74

Post by Nagata-San74 »

For EDM users, it's better to use USDM maps, without knock sensor.

JDM may have ignition too many degrees for EDM gaz

;)
'94 D16Z6 Hatch Civic from France
PurpleCivicTurbo

So the MAPs that come with the software will not be the generic standard MAP... What will this mean for my car's tuning.

As im going for the turbo conversion i only require this to run with an NA map for a relitively short period. Will the new MAP provide any increase in power from a Standard engine (w/HKS filter and CAT back Apexi N1 Evo exhaust)???

Thanks
Nagata-San74

Post by Nagata-San74 »

No it won't

You gotta tune it (even a bit) w/ WB and compare !

There's no pre-made MAP able to add HP to EVERY cars... every car has its own map
'94 D16Z6 Hatch Civic from France
PurpleCivicTurbo

Thats what i assumed, all i wanted was the base map that my car has on the standard P30 ecu...