A/F dropping to 10:1 while shifting

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
kaj

A/F dropping to 10:1 while shifting

Post by kaj »

when i shift, my A/F drops down to the mid 10:1 range. this is more a problem while shifting quickly @ full throttle.
the car falls on it's face then picks up. if i don't let completely off the throttle, this is not a problem.
i have datalogs of this happening as well as my config file if you guys need to see it.
it's almost as if the injectors are just taking their time stopping the flow of fuel.

does ANYONE have any ideas. i'm going crazy!
tboostdsi

Post by tboostdsi »

get it tuned! if your motor falls on its face then picks back up sounds like your a/f needs some serious adjustment.
kaj

Post by kaj »

tboostdsi wrote:get it tuned! if your motor falls on its face then picks back up sounds like your a/f needs some serious adjustment.
well. yeah. that's why i'm asking. the tune is pending, but i see no reason why i can't fix this in the mean time.

if anyone knows what causes this, please let me know. i don't mind doing the work, i just can't figure out where to look.

here is the link to my info:

http://www.hondata.net/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=
TurboLS

Post by TurboLS »

check your vacuum lines, especially those close to the intake manifold. A huge pressure spike, or trench could be momentarily causing a leak in the line. I assume everything else is in the OK territory (i.e. at idle, partial throttle, etc)
TurboLS from Team-Integra.net
(703)919-2786 (C)
kaj

Post by kaj »

TurboLS wrote:check your vacuum lines, especially those close to the intake manifold. A huge pressure spike, or trench could be momentarily causing a leak in the line. I assume everything else is in the OK territory (i.e. at idle, partial throttle, etc)
yes. everything else is fine. could this affect fuel mileage too? i'm used to getting 30+ on the fwy. i'm down to 24mpg or less :(
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You need to take fuel out in the colums that it reads from in between shifts and when decelerating. Make some recordings and then look at them. You will be able to see exactly where you need to make the changes.
kaj

Post by kaj »

Spunkster wrote:You need to take fuel out in the colums that it reads from in between shifts and when decelerating. Make some recordings and then look at them. You will be able to see exactly where you need to make the changes.
i did that.. but i'll check some more. the values are quite a bit more lean than normal. i'll post up the file when i get back in town.