S300 - Code 8 TDC

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
mkulak

S300 - Code 8 TDC

Post by mkulak »

Hi,

Just got a new S300 which will be installed in a full race car. I decided to try the s300 in my street civic si and had no issues at all and the car ran fine. (No Codes)

Once I installed it into the race car, I can't get ride of code 8. I have not yet tried to start the car, as I am waiting for a flywheel to do so.

The wiring harness in the race car has been modified with a lot of the un-need stuff removed. The wires which go from the distributor to the ECU are un-cut and in perfect shape going to the right pins. I'm a little stumped as I can't figure out why it keeps getting code 8 TDC.

Could anyone give me a little bit of direction. I've tried the Hondata, with the race car distributor and I don't get a code. I'm sure I have a wiring issue, but all my distributor wires seem to be perfect.

Please help...
Thanks, Marc
mkulak

Post by mkulak »

Think I found the problem. I had CONSTANT power to B9 which should only see power when cranking. Only time will tell once my flywheel gets here and I can start it.
Djbower1

Post by Djbower1 »

I made my own loom and had the same problem.

I had B9 going to the main relay and had to put a wire from the starter relay to B9 as well.

Let us know how you get on.

Dan
mkulak

Post by mkulak »

Does B9 need power once the car is running? I know if needs it when cranking.. Right?

Thanks for your help...
Djbower1

Post by Djbower1 »

mkulak wrote:Does B9 need power once the car is running? I know if needs it when cranking.. Right?

Thanks for your help...
Only when cranking. Just run a wire from the starter solenoid
mkulak

Post by mkulak »

Nice.. My wiring is very stripped.. No Main Relays, I do have a BOSCH relay for my Big Red Start button so I will loop that to B9.

I spent so long trying to figure it out on saturday I was freaking. My harness is modified in a VERY big way. Only thing I have left to do it wire up my GM TPS to the honda harness.
Djbower1

Post by Djbower1 »

Did you get it sorted mate :?:
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you don't have relays then you will probably damage the ecu outputs.
mkulak

Post by mkulak »

I still have some BOSCH relays etc in the mix. I wired the stock ECU like I would normally wire a TEC, DFI or someother aftermarket ECU.

Thanks for the help..
Marc
mkulak

Post by mkulak »

Djbower1 wrote:Did you get it sorted mate :?:
Just waiting for my custom flywheel to arrive and then I can start it. The car has a D16z6, but a GSR tranny mated to it. Car is a full drag with fiberglass everything :)