PLX WB reading differ only when hooked into hondata

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
b20luda

PLX WB reading differ only when hooked into hondata

Post by b20luda »

Ok heres the problem and heres what i have...PLX m-250 with guage combo.

i have the wideband signal going to the PLX guage and to the ELD input, when hooked up to hondata, it will read pretty darn close at idle (between guage and hondata) but at higher RPMs or in boost it reads about 12.1AFR when i disconnect from hondata the readings will be about 11.5AFR nothing is changed besides me disconnecting it from hondata. I have tryed various grounding spots and different power sources and it yeilds no noticable change in readings?? You guys got any other ideas..i have called PLX and asked them if me spliting the WB signal to the guage matters and they said it shouldnt cause a problem?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What is your power source and ground source? Have you followed the instructions at http://www.hondata.com/techplxwiring.html ?
b20luda

Post by b20luda »

well almost...the only thing thats different with mine is the narrow band signal isnt hooked to the stock o2 sensor signal wire, and im still using the ELD as an input. Also i forgot to add...that i had the car dynoed and compared my WB reading with the dynos and my readings were correct when disconnected from hondata. Its grounded to metal bar that supports the dash currently i have had it grounded to the ECU ground and other various chassis grounds...i have tryed power sources from the ECU battery fuse box integrated control unit so far... Im Using a PR4 ECU from a 93 integra...the ELD isnt hooked up car never had one originally
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It could be a shielding issue with the wiring. I have 3 cars all wired as the instructions on the website say dn there is no problem with any of them. Try inputting the narrowband signal into the O2 input.
b20luda

Post by b20luda »

Ya i will hook the narrow band up and see how it goes...gonna try to iron this issue out this weekend
turbosi92

Post by turbosi92 »

Let me know if you figure this out (I will do the same and post here if I do). Mine reads in the 10's but the hondata is a full point leaner. I have had this system for years (S200) and never an issue until now.
TurboLS

Post by TurboLS »

are u talking about the gauge reading on the PLX or the reading in Hondata itself. I noticed that I have to adjust my offset voltage pretty regularly to get correct readings. I have also been working with the PLX engineers to figure out their heating problems. On my car, if the unit is hot, it won't boot. Even if it's cold out and the car has been running for a bit, if I shut it off and try to turn it back on.... nothing. I did determine that the POR fuse in the M300 (the one I have) is sensitive to heat, so I shorted that and installed an external inline fuse. All I'm saying is to monitor the temperature of your PLX device itself and see if it performs better at lower temperatures. If it does, you may be experiencing a common problem.
TurboLS from Team-Integra.net
(703)919-2786 (C)
turbosi92

Post by turbosi92 »

TurboLS wrote:are u talking about the gauge reading on the PLX or the reading in Hondata itself. I noticed that I have to adjust my offset voltage pretty regularly to get correct readings. I have also been working with the PLX engineers to figure out their heating problems. On my car, if the unit is hot, it won't boot. Even if it's cold out and the car has been running for a bit, if I shut it off and try to turn it back on.... nothing. I did determine that the POR fuse in the M300 (the one I have) is sensitive to heat, so I shorted that and installed an external inline fuse. All I'm saying is to monitor the temperature of your PLX device itself and see if it performs better at lower temperatures. If it does, you may be experiencing a common problem.
Me personally, I'm talking about the readings of the gauge on the PLX read in the mid 10 in boost but the hondata shows 11.5. It only is like this in boost and has never done this before. (I have had this for a couple of years but for only like 2000 miles at the most.

are you talking the unit itself getting hot? If so, is PLX fixing it?
TurboLS

Post by TurboLS »

yes, i am referring to the M300 hardware itself getting hot. check one of my other posts about the display reading 00.00 . There is a lot of info in there.
TurboLS from Team-Integra.net
(703)919-2786 (C)