S300 install - Confirm status

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
WickedOne

S300 install - Confirm status

Post by WickedOne »

Tonight I installed the S300 per your instructions and preparation.

So far so good - Bottom left hand corner indicates its online .. constant green light off the board..

This was installed on a P72, Now just to let you know .. I did not start the vehicle.. due to some other hardware that has to be installed .. - But I wanted to make sure .. Everything was operational .. So .. I do have a CEL and Hondata recognized it as being the vtec spool code 21 .. I attempted to clear it via the icon in SManager.. No luck .. still there.. and also is displayed in the Errors Tab. and also for checking a few other sensors .. TPS says its 26% ??? How can that be .. when the motor hasn't even started... I guess the real question .. 26% of what ?..

I noticed that when i hit the datalog button .. the red and green light on the board flash.. --- assuming that normal .. hit Icon again and shuts off .. But as for the recording feature .. it turns on ..also .. green light and red.. alternating .. but when i shut it off ..the recording stops but the lights still flicker.. until i close Smanager .. Other then that i'm pretty happy with the product .. let me know your thoughts..

p.s .. i heard the term.. burn the trace's? tracks? when desoldering.. what in the world does that mean ?

Thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Until you have started the car you will not be able to fully tell if your socketing is 100%. What ecu are you using, what engine do you have?
WickedOne

Post by WickedOne »

Spunkster wrote:Until you have started the car you will not be able to fully tell if your socketing is 100%. What ecu are you using, what engine do you have?
Ok .. I'll be starting the car tonight and will let you know what I see as for Full Functionality of the unit ..

I have a P72 controlling the B18C1...
WickedOne

Post by WickedOne »

Spunkster wrote:Until you have started the car you will not be able to fully tell if your socketing is 100%. What ecu are you using, what engine do you have?

Spunkster - I attempted to start the car today, no luck .. Not 100% was the cause is but .. only Injector #1 sprayed fuel - 2.3.4.. No fuel sprayed while trying to start the car.. tried swapping injectors from different cylinders to #1 .. and all of them sprayed fuel from injector clip #1,

I checked voltage in the clips with the ignition on .. and all had the same voltage .. Checked harness condition and looks presitne ..

As for the s300 board .. Two green lights on all the time .. unless i'm making changes to a map, or uploading a new one ..

-Online status in Smanager
-Two Green Lights when ignition is on ..
- I can upload new files and make changes .. But just can't get the thing to run on all 4 cylinders ..
- Zero CEL

The previous setup i ran the s200B other then that no substantial changes were made except the upgrate from s2-s3 ..

Let me know what your thoughts are..

Thanks

P.S. also if I had to send the computer to you asap .. what is the turnaround time to repair or inspect..
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It sounds like there is either a wiring problem with the injectors, or you have bad or damaged ecu. What happens with the stock injectors and ecu?
WickedOne

Post by WickedOne »

Spunkster wrote:It sounds like there is either a wiring problem with the injectors, or you have bad or damaged ecu. What happens with the stock injectors and ecu?
Well, i was thinking about trying it with the stock injectors, but since i have a resistor box installed i'm skeptical installed high impedence injectors along with the resistor box.. as for the ecu .. I don't have a spare ..

What is the turn around like if I sent you the ecu overmight to diagnose and repair ?

One thing i did notice and repaired was one of the 14 pin posts on on slot 27256, one of the pins did not seat all the way when it was put in .. so 1 Pin on the 14 pin was slightly higher then all the other ones .. I repaired it last night so the pins are all even and will attempt to see if this was the issue ..
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

There is no reason to send it for diagnosis if you have not fully tested the vehicle with a stock ecu and injectors. Judging by the fact that you have installed a resistor box, that sound like the most likely cause of your problems. Double check your wiring and compare it to the insturctions for installign a resistor box on our website.

http://www.hondata.com/techinjectorwiring.html
WickedOne

Post by WickedOne »

Spunkster wrote:There is no reason to send it for diagnosis if you have not fully tested the vehicle with a stock ecu and injectors. Judging by the fact that you have installed a resistor box, that sound like the most likely cause of your problems. Double check your wiring and compare it to the insturctions for installign a resistor box on our website.

http://www.hondata.com/techinjectorwiring.html
The resistor box was already installed in the previous setup with the s200 and had no issues. I had the oppurtunity to double check the wiring and connections are clean ..
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Since you socketed the ecu yourself, it sounds like there is more than likely a problem with the ecu and not the s300, as all s300s are tested before being shipped. You will need to fill out the ecu socketing form on our website and send that along with a cashier's check or money order for $75. We will then determine is the problem is just a socketing issue or if the ecu is in fact damaged. If the ecu is damaged and cannot be repaired you will be contacted to discuss the matter further.
WickedOne

Post by WickedOne »

Spunkster wrote:Since you socketed the ecu yourself, it sounds like there is more than likely a problem with the ecu and not the s300, as all s300s are tested before being shipped. You will need to fill out the ecu socketing form on our website and send that along with a cashier's check or money order for $75. We will then determine is the problem is just a socketing issue or if the ecu is in fact damaged. If the ecu is damaged and cannot be repaired you will be contacted to discuss the matter further.
Again.. what is the turn around time for something like this ?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If it is just a simple socketing issue, it will most likely be a 1-2 day turn around, and the $75 covers standard shipping.

Since we do not have the ecu to look at and do not know the exact problem, it's really impossible to say though.