how to activate launch control??

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
kaj

how to activate launch control??

Post by kaj »

i have a stock integra with A/C, etc. what ways would you guys suggest i switch launch control off/on?

i tried the a/c option. it does not work. yes. i tried to invert the input.
the only way i've had it work is to select "always on". it then works but i hit a rev limiter at where i set the launch.

i am unsure of how the "power steering pressure" works.
i don't want to use the service connector because that just doesn't sound like a good idea, but am unsure of the effects it would have since it would only be while i want to launch, then go back to closed loop after.
brake switch?
vtec pressure? <-- i'm assuming i have launch control when no vtec is present?

i've been trying to find info on this. please help!

signed,
noob
TurboGSR96

Post by TurboGSR96 »

I have mine set to always on and at a max speed of 6 mph, after 6mph it shuts off.
585whp/385tq @ 21-23psi E85 Ethanol
OEM GSR Cams & Ignition
kaj

Post by kaj »

TurboGSR96 wrote:I have mine set to always on and at a max speed of 6 mph, after 6mph it shuts off.
me too! i have mine set @ 6mph. same as you. i have the launch @ 4000rpm, but when i drive, i get a rev limit of 4k as well. annoying. :(
Preccord00

Post by Preccord00 »

you should post a copy of your map and a copy of a recording with it happening.
TurboGSR96

Post by TurboGSR96 »

kaj wrote:
TurboGSR96 wrote:I have mine set to always on and at a max speed of 6 mph, after 6mph it shuts off.
me too! i have mine set @ 6mph. same as you. i have the launch @ 4000rpm, but when i drive, i get a rev limit of 4k as well. annoying. :(
No after 6mph, I no longer have a 4k rpm rev limit, I go to 9500.... you got something goofed up.
OEM GSR Cams & Ignition
kaj

Post by kaj »

TurboGSR96 wrote:
kaj wrote:
No after 6mph, I no longer have a 4k rpm rev limit, I go to 9500.... you got something goofed up.
apprarently. neither i, nor my tuner can figure it out :(
B16T

Post by B16T »

Mine is set to the AC switch, inverted and on zero mph it works perfectly make sure your AC button is on and it works
kaj

Post by kaj »

B16T wrote:Mine is set to the AC switch, inverted and on zero mph it works perfectly make sure your AC button is on and it works
0mph? so it shuts off as soon as you launch? hm. maybe that's how i have to do mine. do you have your clutch wired to the A/C switch?

i'm not used to feeling like such a friggin' noob.
B16T

Post by B16T »

Yea so soon as your tires break loose it turns of the launch limiter, also i have my clutch switch wired to my power sterring switch but thats for full throttle shifting and onestly i went to the track this weekend and i ran better times shifting my self its cool and all but i didnt see any improvement, so invert your input and set your mph to zero turn your AC switch on and see if she works, thats how mine is and as long as your AC switch is working im 99.9% it will work Josh
kaj

Post by kaj »

B16T wrote:Yea so soon as your tires break loose it turns of the launch limiter, also i have my clutch switch wired to my power sterring switch but thats for full throttle shifting and onestly i went to the track this weekend and i ran better times shifting my self its cool and all but i didnt see any improvement, so invert your input and set your mph to zero turn your AC switch on and see if she works, thats how mine is and as long as your AC switch is working im 99.9% it will work Josh
i see.. but i like the idea of setting a MPH to get my out of the hole a bit better. otherwise, i can do just fine with my foot :(
B16T

Post by B16T »

yea well, personal prefrence i just use it to build boost of the line but if your all motor prolly dont need it
B16T

Post by B16T »

yea well, personal prefrence i just use it to build boost of the line but if your all motor prolly dont need it
TurboGSR96

Post by TurboGSR96 »

B16T wrote:yea well, personal prefrence i just use it to build boost of the line but if your all motor prolly dont need it
How any Lbs. and at what rpm do you build boost at?
OEM GSR Cams & Ignition
kaj

Post by kaj »

B16T wrote:yea well, personal prefrence i just use it to build boost of the line but if your all motor prolly dont need it
mine won't build boost that way. it stays at about 2-3" of vacuum. what size turbo are you running that will build boost that fast?
TurboGSR96

Post by TurboGSR96 »

kaj wrote:
mine won't build boost that way. it stays at about 2-3" of vacuum. what size turbo are you running that will build boost that fast?
If it stays in vacumn, raise the rpm..... I know a buy that gets 10lb out of a T3/T67 HO at 8k, a much smaller turbo will make the the same amount at lower rpm's. Try pulling more timing.
OEM GSR Cams & Ignition