Air conditioning switch

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Shmaa

Air conditioning switch

Post by Shmaa »

I am trying to use the a/c switch to engage certain features, but when I am looking at the sensors tab in SManager there is no response when pressing the a/c button. it always says off. Is there something I need to be aware of when trying this?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

You need to start tracing the ac wire from the ECU pin to the ac switch. If you have wired the switch yourself, check if it activates to 12V or when grounded.
Hondata
Shmaa

Post by Shmaa »

so the switch is supposed to send 12v to pin B5?

The light still comes on when I press the a/c switch.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Get the book, look at the way B5 is wired to the ECU, and see if it normally switched to 12V or to ground.
Hondata
Shmaa

Post by Shmaa »

Has anyone ever wired the switch manually? I am pretty sure it will require a diode as I got some wierd effects when experementing.

The a/c switch contains a diode and the wire goes through another air conditioning component before it enters the ecu.

I could get the sensor display to show the a/c switch was activated, the RPM's go up which is normal if the a/c is installed. BUT then it turns off by itself.

If anyone knows how to make this work let me know...

Also, how is it possible to use the service connector to activate launch control. doesn't the ecu still see this as being active and mess with the timing?
HRED

Post by HRED »

On some cars, A/C switch works only if air flow is different to 0 (1, 2, 3 or 4 speed are ok)
Nicolas DARNIS
HRED Motorsport
Shmaa

Post by Shmaa »

you are right on that, but the sensor display would not show the ACSW on no matter what the blower fan was set to. even though the green light on the ACSW was on.

There is 12v at the ECU connector
Shmaa

Post by Shmaa »

anyone help me on this??? It would be nice to use this feature.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

You cannot use the stock AC switch input, as it will not activate if you do not have AC, as the AC pressure switch will prevent the ECU receiving an signal. If you still have AC, I'd suggest using an input other than ACSW.

You need to add a switch wired from ACSW (pin B5) to ground. The cleanest way is to remove pin 5 from the B connector and replace it with your own wire, but this requires an old connector and experience in removing and replacing pins from the ECU connector. You can also study the electrical wiring diagram in the book and jumper one side of the AC switch to ground. Again, don't do this if AC is functional or the AC compressor is still connected.
Hondata
Shmaa

Post by Shmaa »

I tried this a few days ago, and thats how i got the sensor display to show the ACSW was on, but when i did this the sensor display would bug out and while still grounded the ACSW would turn off
Shmaa

Post by Shmaa »

Well I went back and started messing with it again; reworked the AC switch, came out pretty cool. Red LED for high boost.

Now is there anyway to rework the software so it doesnt IDLE up?

Shmaa

Post by Shmaa »

So is there anyway to rework the software so it doesnt IDLE up when the ACSW is on?
QUICKSILVER RACING

Post by QUICKSILVER RACING »

Kinda difficult I think since it is embedded in the MCU. Better choice would be to use the power steering position switch input. Worked well on my nitrous set up. Well that is if you have the PSP in your ecu.
HONDATA official and sole Distributor in the Philippines.
http://quicksilver.4t.com
+639178954747