TWM Throttle Bodies on B20

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
marck_c

TWM Throttle Bodies on B20

Post by marck_c »

Does anyone here have a clear answer as to how to get ITB's to work with Hondata s300(j). I am installing such a system on a B20 in a 1973 Civic 1200 Race Car. It seems on this site that a lot of folks are having inital troubles with getting their motors to idle, etc. No one has posted any clear solutions to these problems. If anyone has any answers or experience with them I would really appreciate some help or info

Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Nice car. How much does it weigh? ITBs work fine with the s300. Having said that, be aware that ITBs are much more difficult to tune than a MAP based system, so expect to do a lot more tuning.

You have two choices - to tune using the MAP or with the TPS (alpha-n). Generally using the TPS works better. In either case, before you begin tuning, expand the resolution of the tables to give around 16 columns to atmospheric pressure rather than the normal 10 by altering each column pressure value. Give the tables more resolution between 10 and 40 % throttle than elsewhere (you may need to change this part once you start tuning). Set the MAP sensor type to 'alpha-n', and use the default range of 10 & 100 KPa. Increase the throttle tip in fuel by 50% to start with.

Now you need to map the fuel and ignition tables, which needs to be done on a dyno with a wideband. A load (rather than inertial) dyno makes this much easier. The light throttle and full throttle portions are fairly easy to do, and the fuel curve will take a 'S' shape inbetween the extremes.

I'm not trying to put you off, but proper tuning of ITBs is more much more involved and it is best to find a tuner who is experienced with ITBs to do this. Also, even with alpha-n, you will need a functional and accurate MAP sensor. It is best to pipe all four vacuum ports into the MAP sensor with small lengths of tubing. Some people run an accumulator, but for alpha-n this is not as critical.
Hondata
marck_c

Post by marck_c »

Thanks for the quick response. You can be sure that I'll be bothering you quite a bit whilst I get this thing tune :D .

The car weighs 1540 lbs without driver.

How do you expand the tables from 10 to 16, and how do you increase the fuel tip in. As you may have deduced I'm new to Hondata, although I've tuned quite a few cars with Haltech and Electromotive. I have a buddy who has a lot of experience with the S100/200, and who highly recommended the S300 for this application. He'll be helping with the tuning process.
smracing

Post by smracing »

Right click on the column number to change the column heading. You will need to open the three bar tables selections under options. Once you have the three bar tables open, you should renumber each column up to 16 columns and .5psi.

As for fuel trim look under parameters called fuel trim. Select throttle tip in trim and change from zero to +15.
sulsa76

Nice car!

Post by sulsa76 »

This thread has a lot of good info. I was wondering how to change the values of the columns, too. Now that I know, I can't believe I didn't just guess it... :o
94 Integra LS with NA GSR block/head
Endyne pistions, 14 pound flywheel, Civic SI crank pulley, honed gsr intake manifold, 70mm BBK TB, Stock GSR cams, stock exhaust/header
HRED

Post by HRED »

why Hondata give a base map for ITB with Kmanager and not with Smanager ?
Nicolas DARNIS
HRED Motorsport
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We will have a ITB basemap in the next release, due early September.
Hondata
HRED

Post by HRED »

ok, i think i is a good news for a lot of people.
Nicolas DARNIS
HRED Motorsport
sumitomo

Post by sumitomo »

yes i will second that!!!!!!!!!!!
marck_c

Post by marck_c »

We will have a ITB basemap in the next release, due early September.
I can't wait, what engine will it be for?? B16,B18mB20???