partial throttle tuning???

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
gSIr

partial throttle tuning???

Post by gSIr »

I recently finished doing my tuning for the s300. I tuned my low throttle all to 14.7 afr. For some reason while i'm driving on the highway i mostly notice, that my gas mileage is greatly reduced compared to when i was using the obdII ecu. I had a hard time tuning column 1 and 2 because my lm-1 lambda meter switches to a percentage of oxygen at a very low afr, so it threw off the hondata when i was at very low throttle, i'm not sure how to fix that. Do you guys tune ur cars to 14.7 or is it safer to run a little leaner at partail throttle. I would like to gain the gas mileage without sacrificing the condition of the motor. What do u guys run ur cars at for partial throttle.
Thanks
TurboLS

Post by TurboLS »

I run 15:1 in the first column, but then it picks up to 14.7 pretty quick. I still get ~30MPG on a stock B18B1 w/2750 curb weight and 15's. When i do partial throttle tuning, when I increase throttle slowly, I hit 14.7 dead on, but when i slowly let off the throttle, it always goes to like 13.5. No matter how slow I go, I can't seem to fix that problem.
TurboLS from Team-Integra.net
(703)919-2786 (C)
gSIr

Post by gSIr »

well i know that when u let off the throttle, the throttle body closes, and it takes a split second for the map sensor to see the change in pressure, so the injectors are still puttin in a little more fuel than what they are supposed to, during that time. After a second or two everything goes back to normal, does anyone else run a little leaner safely for low throttle?
gSIr

Post by gSIr »

what do you guys have ur target lambda settings like, thats the question i'm really looking for. I would really appreciate to see what u guys are doing, like an example of a map, and a recorded datalog. I want to get an idea what mine should look like, in how far off my delta's are. I can't get my delta's to be completely zero but i expected that, I want to see an example to see how close i should try to get. Thanks again for ur help.
gSIr

Post by gSIr »

Can anybody help me, i want to finish tuning so i can take my wideband out, any numbers will give me an idea.
TurboLS

Post by TurboLS »

another thing you have to remember is that each gear runs a little richer. 1st gear is much leaner than 5th. So, if you have an opportunity, throw the car on a mustang dyno and do some pulls. Then you can adjust the gear based trim and get more accurate. As for maps to shoot for, the one that comes with hondata (14.7 up to about column 5, then 13.5 after that) is good.
TurboLS from Team-Integra.net
(703)919-2786 (C)
B16T

Post by B16T »

make sure in your first collum theres not too much fuel cause when youlet off thats were it reads, I was screwing around with mine on the highway and i added fuel to the first collum and it would read rich when i first let off so lower the first colum really low and try that or just watch were it goes when you let off and thats your prob, hope that helps... also mine is at like 14.7- 16 part throttle crusing in 5th gear..
gSIr

Post by gSIr »

thanks i will try that, i was not sure what a safe afr would be to run on the highway, i want to make sure i'm not goin to run lean enough that my egt's will start to climb dangerously, thanks for your help. Does anyone else have any input?
B16T

Post by B16T »

14.7-15.5 is fine for 5gear crusing