High Impedence or Low Impedence injectors?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Locked
smracing
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:38 pm

High Impedence or Low Impedence injectors?

Post by smracing »

Which ones does Hondata recommend? In theory low impedence injectors will open faster when using bigger injectors, thus giving better control at idle and low durations. I am using a resistor box right now, just because the car had one to start with although I can run without it if I have the proper injectors.

I want to start testing some high pressure stuff and would like to know if I can stick with the low impedence injectors or not.

User avatar
Hondata
Site Admin
Posts: 8881
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:13 pm
Location: Torrance, CA
Contact:

Post by Hondata »

The injector construction determines the response time, but high impedance injectors generally work much better than low impedance injectors.
Hondata

smracing
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:38 pm

Post by smracing »

The injector construction determines the response time, but high impedance injectors generally work much better than low impedance injectors.
I realize response rates are affected by construction but also by impedence. Typically big Low impedence injectors should perform better at lower opening rates, like where a street car operates most of the time.

I am assuming you are making that determination based on the driver type in the ECU?

User avatar
Hondata
Site Admin
Posts: 8881
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:13 pm
Location: Torrance, CA
Contact:

Post by Hondata »

With a high impedance injector 100% of the driver output goes into switching the injector; with a low impedance injector 75% of the energy is turned into heat by the resistor box and the remaining 25% makes the injector do something.
Hondata

smracing
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:38 pm

Post by smracing »

Great. Thanks for the info. Now if I can just find some injectors that can handle high pressure and still give decent atomization. One thing that bothers me about the RC is the "laser beam" style spray pattern. I would prefer something more open or even multiple streams to enhance atomization and cut down on fuel wash.

Mura
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:54 am
Location: Moscow Russia
Contact:

Re: High Impedence or Low Impedence injectors?

Post by Mura »

smracing wrote:Which ones does Hondata recommend? In theory low impedence injectors will open faster when using bigger injectors, thus giving better control at idle and low durations. I am using a resistor box right now, just because the car had one to start with although I can run without it if I have the proper injectors.

I want to start testing some high pressure stuff and would like to know if I can stick with the low impedence injectors or not.


if use low impendance injectors with "driver" you can open very quickly with 4A current small duration and keep injectors open with just 1A after
No dreams, just POWER.

marck_c
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:49 pm
Location: jamaica

Post by marck_c »

If you use low impedance injectors without a resistor box, will the ecu/s300 become damaged?

User avatar
Hondata
Site Admin
Posts: 8881
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2002 12:13 pm
Location: Torrance, CA
Contact:

Post by Hondata »

Yes.
Hondata

Locked