P72 ECU with s300, NOS control & Full throttle shift.

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
mataos

Post by mataos »

Hi, I want to Install my NOS kit, but need to learn more about how to integrate it with my ECU (JDM prelude H22a P72 ECU)

I don’t understand how the outputs work, can someone help explain the following, or point me in the direction of any old posts where this has already been covered?

A10 Extra output. I guess I select this option to control the nos solenoid (with a relay) is A10 the pin on the ECU to use?

AC Clutch - what is this output for?
Purge valve – to control a purge valve?
Secondary intake runner – to open sooner or later?
Rad fan control – to run fan more?
Alternator control - ?

I also want to set up full throttle shift, the car has cruise control but its not active, so do I need to use the standard clutch switch, or do I need to rewire it to the ECU, or do I just set it up in SManager?

Thanks, Mat

Preccord00

Post by Preccord00 »

first off, is the P72 a JDM ECU?

A10 is the pin off of the ECU, there's a picture in the help file in hondata smanager that explains where each pin is.

AC clutch is your Air Conditioner compressor clutch.

Secondary intake runner - this controls them
Rad fan control - turns the fan off and on

these arn't what you think they are, these are options of what to dyke off and place your output to your NOS controller/relay/solenoid.

Full throttle shift is similar, figure out how the switch in your clutch works and what path you want your ECU to reach ground, you're going to dyke off one of the options, run a spliced wire from the ECU to your clutch switch and on the other side of the switch you're going to run it to a ground.

b20luda

Post by b20luda »

There seems to be alot of questions about these options, someone should list how to wire up all this stuff for the noobs, it is kinda werid as theres no info about pwr. and grd. and what not thats really all we need to know, does the ECU inputs and outputs always switch grounds or what...

kesnut

Post by kesnut »

^^ and also what is to be done when they are used.

hmmmmm

mataos

Post by mataos »

Thanks for that, it makes sense now, it’s a shame there is not a spare output, so I don’t have to get rid of something!

Im not sure if it is a JDM or a USDM P72 it is the 3 plug one, would the JDM ECU have 4 plugs like my original P13?

Thanks, Mat

Preccord00

Post by Preccord00 »

3 plugs means it's OBD1, that's about it.

I'm not sure how to figure out which ECU it is, you would have to open it up and look at it.

JDM is short, like 6-7 inches long, USDM is around 8-10 inches.

those arn't exact measurements, just somewhere around there.

Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

JDM ecu is Square, and USDM ecu is rectangular.

siadam

Post by siadam »

b20luda wrote:There seems to be alot of questions about these options, someone should list how to wire up all this stuff for the noobs, it is kinda werid as theres no info about pwr. and grd. and what not thats really all we need to know, does the ECU inputs and outputs always switch grounds or what...

+infinity.

8)
Built, NOT Bought.
^^clicky.for.more.info^^