Smanger freezes??

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
b20luda

Smanger freezes??

Post by b20luda »

Smanger freezes, only happends in the higher RPMS, it will connect again after you unplug and plug in the USB, it has done this for a long time and its quite annoying, heres what i have done

car used to have MSD ignition i since turned it back to stock besides the brand new MSD plug wires.

Im using resistor type plugs, vehicle has a Brand new oem honda engine wiring harness the ground on the thermostat housing is clean and tight, i have cleaned all the body grounds as well, i have the latest version of the software and onnborad datalogging is off, if the car just idles or curises around it never freezes up on me, what else can i do to prevent this??

The battery is relocated to the trunk but everything is connected and crimped properly no shortcuts etc etc...

Should i add more grounds? such from the ecu case to the car or what im out of ideas this makes the car hard to tune on the street!!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I would suggest OEM spark plug wires. The aftermarket wires often have a large amount of EMI that will interfere with datalogging.
b20luda

Post by b20luda »

i will try OEM plug wires and see what happends....
b20luda

Post by b20luda »

just another question here i was driving the car to work this morning, car had a bit of spark blow out and i regapped the plugs last night, which took care of my spark blow out problem, i didnt experience any freezing this moring after i fixed the blow out....any possibility that was it??
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

if it fixed the problem, I would have to say yes
b20luda

Post by b20luda »

well the problem is intermintant so it could come back...
smracing

Post by smracing »

As far as the Smanager freezing, you should check on your USB port. If it is a older port it will not read fast enough. I had to pick up a card with USb ports on it and run it through A PCMCIA slot. Works fine now.
b20luda

Post by b20luda »

just thought i would update this... the problem is gone it hasnt froze once...did a WOT 5th gear pull from 45 to 145 got every last second of data!!
crucian

Re: Smanger freezes??

Post by crucian »

Well I still have this problem and I don't have spark blow out. I always have to unplug the USB and put it back in. It really upsets me when I'm tunning WOT.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

are you using resistor plugs?
crucian

Post by crucian »

Spunkster wrote:are you using resistor plugs?
I'm using the normal NGK V-power plugs.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

so they are non-resistor?
crucian

Post by crucian »

Spunkster wrote:so they are non-resistor?
yes they are non-resistor plugs. Will an MSD box and HVC coil have anything to do with it ground wise?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You should be using resistor plugs. Aftermarket ignitions and coils may cause a lot of interference as well.