Boost Control Issue

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
WickedCivicNY

Boost Control Issue

Post by WickedCivicNY »

I currently wired up my AEM boost solenoid to the S300, with a modded P28 to enable PWM..

-1 wire from the solenoid is switched to 12 volts the other wire is to plug A11 on the ECU side.

-PWM is enabled and set to normally closed in Smanager.

As soon as i switch the key on to the start position the solenoid activates "clicks " and has a "warm" feeling to it.

I tested the "hot" wire which has the switched 12 volts and reads on the multimeter fine. I clipped the A11 wire in the engine bay and tested that as well and it is getting constant ground coming from the ECU. I tested the a11 wire on the solenoid side and it is getting 12 volts ??

I thought ok .. perhaps its something with the ECU.. I purchased a completely new modded P28 from a very reputable Hondata dealer/installer/tuner in New Jersey. with the PWM components.. tried it again tonight and the solenoid still clicks .. Does the car necessarily have to be on ? etc.. I wouldn't expect so. since the solenoid is normally closed

Hoping you guys can help
Thanks
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

post good pictures of both the bottom and the top of the ecu showing the soldering and the components.
WickedCivicNY

Post by WickedCivicNY »

Spunkster wrote:post good pictures of both the bottom and the top of the ecu showing the soldering and the components.
Spunkster,

Technically the output of A11(EGR)
Is it supposed to pulse ground or remove ground ?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

It is a current sink. ie NPN transistor.
Hondata
WickedCivicNY

Post by WickedCivicNY »

So, the fact that ground is constant when the power is switched as well vehicle turned on is wrong correct ?, [/quote]
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

THe solenoid will always click when you first turn the key to the on position as the ECU goes throught its' sturtup, but it will immedietely turn back off unless the parameters you have selected force the solenoid onto 100% duty cycle.
TurboGSR96

Post by TurboGSR96 »

Was there ever a resolve to this? I am having the same problem, my ECU is sending constant ground to the solenoid regardless of duty and the solenoid is very hot. I have been doing research on this and I have found that a certain small percentage of ECU's have the PWM pin constantly grounded and the only fix is a new ECU.
hondatechpr

Post by hondatechpr »

What computers do you find to do that? I'm planning to use a P72 for my turbo proyect and want to know if it is one of those.
Integra 96 B20 Vtec nitrous 115hp 260hp total 12.00ET 115MPH Stock internals hondata S300
TurboGSR96

Post by TurboGSR96 »

hondatechpr wrote:What computers do you find to do that? I'm planning to use a P72 for my turbo proyect and want to know if it is one of those.
Its completely random.