??? External Hard drive for S300 longer datalogging ????

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Syner G Racing LLC

??? External Hard drive for S300 longer datalogging ????

Post by Syner G Racing LLC »

Is it possible to hook up a usb powered external hard drive or jump drive to expand the storage space for datalogging?

heres my situation. I'm in the Army, I run my own business on the side, Syner G Racing LLC and I have a full race shop car. The transportation company has to drive the car on a boat (cause im in hawaii right now) then off the boat on to a train, then out in a parking lot. Just to paint a picture for you...the parking lots are full of circular burn out marks and are a good 3/4 of mile squared...so you know if your job was to drive someone elses car through this play ground you would get a little fun out of it too...expecialy if you were in full race setup!

Ive got the datalogging setup to start for anything over 4000rpm and I have the boost, fuel / ignition cut set real low to prevent them from getting to crazy, but I want proof if they go pegging the limits.

I'll need atleast 3 hours of datalogging to prove it. I plan on using this as a test to turn into Logistics command and have the company's reviewed. I feel like after 15 months in iraq I should be able to atleast trust my toy will make it home in one piece. [/b]
Brandon "Oatmeal" Vernon

owner, est. 2001

Syner G Racing LLC

www.synergracing.com
Syner G Racing LLC

anybody try this yet? will it work?

I would try it but the engine is out of the car. Im blue printing it with a video log to have a record of its condition, plus its ready for some new bearings and rings ;)
Brandon "Oatmeal" Vernon

owner, est. 2001

Syner G Racing LLC

www.synergracing.com
ben

Post by ben »

Just set a boost cut and a lower rev limiter, and turn the datalogger on with the trigger at a TPS > 35%, a manifold pressure > 872mbar. You only need to catch see it once to prove them guilty.
Syner G Racing LLC

well unfortunately its not, because when they shipped my car to hawaii three years ago they raced the crap out of it and I couldnt do anything about it because all I had were a tripped warning light and tach memory that was pegged...they said it wasnt enough to prove there was any mistreatment.

I had a limit switch set on my throttle pedal hooked up to a relay and a light so if they put it to the floor it would trip. also I had the apexi memory tach that was set to record...which it showed 9000 rpm. also they said that the car is only required to be driven a maximum of 1.5 miles at a top speed of 25 mph.

my odometer showed that they drove 12 miles and unfortuantly I couldnt prove the miles an hour.

If I can get enough evidence I can get something done about it for people in the future.

basicaly I want to limit them from spinning tires driving fast and reckless, but also prove that they attempted it. I wish I had the money for a lipstick camera w/ audio ;)
Brandon "Oatmeal" Vernon

owner, est. 2001

Syner G Racing LLC

www.synergracing.com
jdmspecdc5

Post by jdmspecdc5 »

when i let me friends borrow my car i set the rev limiter to 3500 and boost cut at 1psi. datalogging starts at 3000rpm with >30% throttle and stops at 2000 when vehicle speed is <15mph.
deafy

Post by deafy »

jdmspecdc5 wrote:when i let me friends borrow my car i set the rev limiter to 3500 and boost cut at 1psi. datalogging starts at 3000rpm with >30% throttle and stops at 2000 when vehicle speed is <15mph.
thats pretty funny. did they freak out when it wouldn't go any faster?
1997 Prelude - under the knife.
2000 Insight - k20z3 swap, pt6262, e85. 508whp@19psi.
RickyLee53

Post by RickyLee53 »

I was just going to say, stick a 2500 RPM rev limiter on there.
Jago

Post by Jago »

take the computer with you and make them push it