Wiring NTK AFX into S300 for datalogging

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
C_Rock77

Wiring NTK AFX into S300 for datalogging

Post by C_Rock77 »

What all do I need to do to wire this Wideband into my S300? Guys, I'm lost when it comes to this stuff. Could you give me a REALLY basic walkthrough of how to wire this up?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

http://www.hondata.com/techplxwiring.html

The idea is the same, you'll just have to figure out what wires on your wideband do what.
C_Rock77

Post by C_Rock77 »

Spunkster wrote:http://www.hondata.com/techplxwiring.html

The idea is the same, you'll just have to figure out what wires on your wideband do what.
Here's the plug that goes into the display unit. It has 2 wires: 1 yellow and 1 brown coming out of the plug with naked ends

I just run this brown wire into the logic ground on the ECU, yeah? The yellow is the voltage. So, it goes into the O2 Sensor pin on the ECU, correct? I'm not running stock O2 sensor and am going to run the NTK Sensor in my stock primary O2 position.

I just wanted to make sure I'm doing this correctly. Sorry for the Newb question.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Do not ever get power and ground from the ecu EVER. I can't really tell anything from a picture of wires. You need to look at the wiring diagram for your Wideband and pretty much immitate how it is hooked up with a PLX wideband.
C_Rock77

Post by C_Rock77 »

Spunkster wrote:Do not ever get power and ground from the ecu EVER. I can't really tell anything from a picture of wires. You need to look at the wiring diagram for your Wideband and pretty much immitate how it is hooked up with a PLX wideband.
I never said anything about getting power and ground from the ECU. I was referring to the YELLOW wire in that previous pic that says "ANALOG OUTPUT--DO NOT APPLY VOLTAGE" Running that into the stock O2 input pin and wiring the black to a logic ground at the ECU.

Now...this picture shows the other ends of the harness. The power and ground for the unit and the plug that goes into the sensor, itself. Red wire connecting to the power at the fusebox and the black to the ground at the fusebox.

Just trying to make sure I'm doing this right.