anti lag problems

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
slowerthanu

anti lag problems

Post by slowerthanu »

i have tried searching for the answwer to this and there have been plenty of people to ask it but it never really gets answered fully.
im having trouble getting the car to build boost playing with the timing and fuel at launch control. what are some other people's settings that are building boost? i am both retarding timing and adding fuel and still only getting 3 or 4 lbs. im at 5800rpm and -12deg and 30 fuel enrich. i used similar settings on other tuning and cars and built fine. i didnt want to go too crazy on it but i have never used a hondata anti lag till now so i didnt know how violent it would be....its not so far.id like to get 15lbs out of it for the slicks. any suggestions...preferably examples of good working anti lag. thanks guys
locash

Post by locash »

Retard double that amount of timing and triple that fuel amount and watch what happens..
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
In-Shop CNC Machining and Product Manufacturing
jordancivic

Post by jordancivic »

What happens? (:-l)
slowerthanu

Post by slowerthanu »

locash wrote:Retard double that amount of timing and triple that fuel amount and watch what happens..
thats scary advice...im not trying to get full boost in two pops, but thanks, ill keep stepping it up till i get some boost. hondata is way more gentle than i thought.
locash

Post by locash »

That's not scary advice, just do it.

If you don't want help, don't ask for it, just keep playing with it until it works.
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
In-Shop CNC Machining and Product Manufacturing
slowerthanu

Post by slowerthanu »

locash wrote:That's not scary advice, just do it.

If you don't want help, don't ask for it, just keep playing with it until it works.
oh no i tried it...i was refering to the way you worded it... "see what happens" haha thanks for the help.
holset hatch

Post by holset hatch »

so what were the results?
91 honda civic
turbo ls/vtec
slowerthanu

Post by slowerthanu »

holset hatch wrote:so what were the results?
worked great. 12 lbs using 70% fuel and -22deg. and had the wastegate open afetr a few pops at 90% fuel and 25deg! thanks for the help. the nice thing was that it didnt bounce much with those settings either. not sure if that had anything to do with where i set the activation point as opposed to the limiter. i had them about 400rpm's apart, the activation point being lower.
turbotypeR

Post by turbotypeR »

are you guys using ignition cut, or fuel cut? i use fuel and don't get any "pop"
92 civic Si
best et:9.43best mph:164