boost control not working please help asap

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
boosted lsv

boost control not working please help asap

Post by boosted lsv »

got the pwm parts installed solenoid hooked up right off the help section in smanager soleniod clicks when i turn the key on and stays on. no matter what i do boost is just what the wastegate spring is at any duty cycle. it is a mac valve from xenocron.com it should be normaly close. if it is and the solenoid clicks on that should mean that it would over boost right?? checked a11 and it is got ground all the time. would it be the soldering in the ecu if so what would be the cause?
love to drive in and beat full trailered drag cars with a honda
boosted lsv

Post by boosted lsv »

i have the latest verions of firmware and software.
TurboGSR96

Post by TurboGSR96 »

They would not answer this for me , the problem lies in your ECU, you need to use another one unfortunately. My explanation from other sources is that a certain small percentage of the ECU's have A11 grounded and there is nothing you can do about it but swap ECU's.

See here: http://www.hondata.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7012
Funbar

Post by Funbar »

http://hondata.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7874

Where did you order the Kit from? Seems like we are having the same problem?
TurboGSR96

Post by TurboGSR96 »

Funbar wrote:http://hondata.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7874

Where did you order the Kit from? Seems like we are having the same problem?

As I just stated it has nothing to do with the PWM Components, the problem lies in the ECU itself, I have talked to several other reputable people about this...... the only know fix is a new ECU. I thought for sure it was something I was doing wrong but regardless of duty with 12v going to the solenoid and the other end to pin A11, the Solenoid stays wide open and gets very hot very quick, I spent alot of time researching this issue with several tuners and other notable people, and the only fix was a new ECU. The issue also does not isolate itself to one ECU, it happens in P72's, P28's, Converted P06's and so on.

My ECU is currently out at J-K-Tuning getting swapped because I had this problem also, and Hondata will not comment on it at all.
boosted lsv

Post by boosted lsv »

xenocron.com and he is being very helpful with me. chris is a stand up guy!
locash

Post by locash »

It would be pretty basic to look at the traces on the board to see if there was an issue with pin A11. I'm convinced that it is a problem with substandard components or workmanship, as I have never had this issue, and I have installed PWM support on countless ecu's.

Your explanation that the ecu manufacturer randomly made some ecu's different is completely rediculous in my opinion.
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
In-Shop CNC Machining and Product Manufacturing
TurboGSR96

Post by TurboGSR96 »

I was not aware I said some are "made" differently. I siad the problem lies in the ECu, it could be a number of things. I will personally never do testing on one so I cant really comment further, just stating what I know so far.
585whp/385tq @ 21-23psi E85 Ethanol
OEM GSR Cams & Ignition
boosted lsv

Post by boosted lsv »

got the ecu back from chris. it was awsome to have him work with me on it. found out that it was a bad transistor that goes in q20. i might have got it to hot or it was just bad but it is fixed now.