sequential shift cut?

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
turbotypeR

sequential shift cut?

Post by turbotypeR »

did the smanager ever get sequential shift cut? i know you guys were going to and i did not notice it on my laptop. i don't have my laptop with me at work and was just curious. thanks!
92 civic Si
best et:9.43best mph:164
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No, this has not been added.
turbotypeR

Post by turbotypeR »

is it coming any time soon?
92 civic Si
best et:9.43best mph:164
Mr. Danieli

Post by Mr. Danieli »

turbotypeR wrote:is it coming any time soon?
I'm willing to pay for the software to be made if this would speed up the process. Hondata let me know what you think?
InlinePro.com

IPGParts.com

CompetitionClutch.com

Hondata

Turbos Direct

9.70 @154mph Fall Nationals Etown
Mr. Danieli

Post by Mr. Danieli »

Mr. Danieli wrote:
turbotypeR wrote:is it coming any time soon?
I'm willing to pay for the software to be made if this would speed up the process. Hondata let me know what you think?

Is there anyone from hondata i can contact about paying for this software to get made ? Please contact me @ BryanD6200@aol.com
InlinePro.com

IPGParts.com

CompetitionClutch.com

Hondata

Turbos Direct

Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The sequential gear cut in KPro was made specifically for sports racers using K20 engines in Europe, using Sadev sequential transmissions. It's probably not going to work too well for any other application.

A better start would be for you to describe what setup you're running, and then we can work out what you need.

At a wild guess you're looking at a timed clutchless flat shift using a strain gauge on the shifter - if anything else, then the existing clutch based full throttle shift will work fine.
Hondata
Mr. Danieli

Post by Mr. Danieli »

Hondata wrote:The sequential gear cut in KPro was made specifically for sports racers using K20 engines in Europe, using Sadev sequential transmissions. It's probably not going to work too well for any other application.

A better start would be for you to describe what setup you're running, and then we can work out what you need.

At a wild guess you're looking at a timed clutchless flat shift using a strain gauge on the shifter - if anything else, then the existing clutch based full throttle shift will work fine.
Yes your wild Guess is tru i have a Libertys gears 4-speed dog box. I also have a g-force/long shifter as well. So that being said i know you guys are working on the strain gauge set up right now. But is it possible to pay you to make it as soon as possible? I sent you an email to your general email account. If you would like to talk further please feel free to contact me @ BryanD6200@aol.com. I am 100% serious about paying to ge this done asap !
InlinePro.com

IPGParts.com

CompetitionClutch.com

Hondata

Turbos Direct

Mr. Danieli

Post by Mr. Danieli »

Hondata wrote:The sequential gear cut in KPro was made specifically for sports racers using K20 engines in Europe, using Sadev sequential transmissions. It's probably not going to work too well for any other application.

Is there a specific person at hondata that I should try to contact about Making this Shift Interrupt ?
InlinePro.com

IPGParts.com

CompetitionClutch.com

Hondata

Turbos Direct

Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

You've already in contact with the correct person.

The way development works there is a significant time penalty for stopping work on other tasks, switching over, making a single change, testing the change, releasing the change and then switching back. This takes about two weeks, so changes tend to be made in chunks. Thus I doubt it is realistic to pay for a single change like your request, especially since I've indicated that it will get done at some point. Anyhow,

We're not working on a strain gauge - I believe some other company already does this modification.
Hondata
Mr. Danieli

Post by Mr. Danieli »

Hondata wrote:You've already in contact with the correct person.

The way development works there is a significant time penalty for stopping work on other tasks, switching over, making a single change, testing the change, releasing the change and then switching back. This takes about two weeks, so changes tend to be made in chunks. Thus I doubt it is realistic to pay for a single change like your request, especially since I've indicated that it will get done at some point. Anyhow,

We're not working on a strain gauge - I believe some other company already does this modification.
Thank you for the info .Could you give me the other company which you are talking about that does a strain gauge modification ? Just so we are clean on the subject we are talking about there is a other company that modifies your "hondata s300" and installs software to run a "Shift Interrupt" with use of a strain gauge ? Or is it a seperate "Shift Interrupt box" that you can run with a strain gauge so you can shift with out a clutch? I'm only asking because I want to be totally clear on what we are talking about?
InlinePro.com

IPGParts.com

CompetitionClutch.com

Hondata

Turbos Direct