A16 ALTC output

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
BrianZ

A16 ALTC output

Post by BrianZ »

I know the A16 ALTC output is one of the aux outputs, but I was wondering if you can use it to control the output of the alt. I'm trying to setup up somthing that kills the output of the alt when I want it to..
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The ECU does this under nromal driving conditions.
Hondata
BrianZ

Post by BrianZ »

I know it will reduce the output but will it stop all output. I want to stop it during WOT.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

No, it reduces the voltage to 12.5V during cruise.
Hondata
BrianZ

Post by BrianZ »

Ok so from the factory at cruise is reduces the alt output. In my application (non street legal race car) I would like to setup an output from the s300/ecu to kill the output of the alt all together (basicly open the field wire).

If the S300 can control the ALTC output can I just use the output as wired from the factory? or sould I use another output and a relay?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

I guess you could experment with disconnecting the field wire, and seeing if the alternator output drops, then use a relay switched by the ECU is disconnect it under full load.
Hondata
BrianZ

Post by BrianZ »

That was my idea. I guess I'm confusing the field wire and the ALTC output. I was hoping I could just control it thought that wire without modifications.

Thanks for your help. This is my first experience with hondata and now I have a S300 and love it so far (including the support)
Jaker

Post by Jaker »

Is there any future plans to permit S300 control of the ALT-C voltages? I am using a LiFePo4 racing battery, and would like to be able to control the output of the alternator based on voltage. The batteries need a peak charge voltage of 14.4 volts, so I would like to be able to drop/turn off the output voltage of the alternator when that voltage is reached, and then turn the alt back on when a voltage drop to 13.2 volts is reached.

Do you know what the peak regulated voltage for the Honda OEM alternator is? Is this a moot point?