Raise in Idle When Datalogging

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
dylans

Raise in Idle When Datalogging

Post by dylans »

I have wired in a switch for the on-board datalogging, The switch goes into the B5 Air Conditioning Switch on the ECU. The on-board datalogging works great, my only problem with it is that everytime i flip the switch to on to start datalogging, it raises the idle from around 850rpms to about 1050rpms. Is this due to it being connected to the A/C port and his the ECU raises the engine RPM when it is activated, it does the same thing for the datalogging? Is there anyway that I can get rid of it so that my engine idle doesn't increase when i use the switch to activate the datalogging? Car details are below and I attached a datalog where i didn't have the switch activated and then I activate it so you can see the raise in idle. Thank you.

-Dylan Smith

Car:
1996 Honda Civic DX
B18B Engine
Attachments
question for hondata.s3d
Switch get turned to on at about 13 seconds and then turned off again at about 24 seconds.
(118.28 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Yes, it is because the AC switch is increasing the idle speed. I've fixed this for the next release.
Hondata
dylans

Post by dylans »

Great! Thank you...any idea on eta for the release of the new version?
darknight

Post by darknight »

I have run into this issue as well and the only way to solve it is to use an alternate pin. I have always either used the service indicator pin or the power steering pin.