S300 ECU crashed!!! Need Help.

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Marlon88

S300 ECU crashed!!! Need Help.

Post by Marlon88 »

Hello,

I have a problem with an S300 p28 (Hondata S300 P28 obd2A ecu bundle)

I have installed the ECU in the car yesterday and went to upload one of my basemaps to start the car, everything went fine. Car started up fine and turned it off again to make a couple of adjustments. Pressed the upload button and as the map was uploading a message came up and said Error uploading file, the fuel pump started making funny noise and the fuel pump relay started clicking like crazy!!! Turned ignition off and on again and the the same noise from the pump and the clicking from the relay is still there, I have tried to upload the file again and this time the laptop is not finding the S300, the laptop was saying "unable to connect to the USB device" disconected the battery to reset and no luck , changed the fuel pump relay, no luck.... still the relay clicked like crazy and the fuel pump coming on and off and making funny noise like the voltage is flactuating.

Luckily I had an other S300 Hondata obd2A P28 bundle for an other customer at my shop, I changed the ecus and turned the ignition on, fuel pump primed and turned off, everything normal.... uploaded the map and the car started fine, idled perfect everything normal.

What the heck happend to the first S300? it is like it have crashed while it was uploading. could someone please help me? I cant make any changes because it is not connecting via USB.

Thanks
Marlon.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What is the version of software you are using (from Help, About) and what is the serial number of the s300?
Marlon88

Post by Marlon88 »

Hi Spunkster and thanks for your reply.

The software version I am running is the 1.4.1.0

I am unsure which one of these is the serial number but here is every number written on the ECU. 310.782.8278 OBD2A with pins H73012.

It`s one of Hondata ready installed S300 P28 with OBD2A plug.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I need the serial number from inside the ECU that is on the s300 board.
Marlon88

Post by Marlon88 »

By opening it, does it mean that I will loose any warranty?

Thanks.
Marlon
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No