S100 has random "miss"

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
SLO-FKR

S100 has random "miss"

Post by SLO-FKR »

I have an S100 with a LED that is steadily blinking.. I live a good 4 hours from the closest hondata dealer. So Im trying to fix this myself.
Here we go.. When I start the car and drive around, usually on the highway on cruise, the car randomly misses (trips, spits, sputter,skip,dip, pop) for a split second, then the CEL comes on for about 2-3 seconds, then goes off. (this happens totally random, it could take 2 minutes or 20 minutes)
The ecu does not store the code, I cannot recover any CEL code by jumping the connector. I have gone through 2 different ecu's, a p72 and now a p28, and no difference was made. I also replaced the ROM chip with a new one. I have gone over all the sensors and connections looking for problems... nothing..

I did find out, that if I start the car and drive around, then pull the 4 prong S100 chip from the ECU, then it doesnt do the "miss" thing.. The car runs perfectly fine without the S100 chip.. until I turn the car off and then back on, the car goes into limp mode until I re-insert the S100 chip.
Does this mean it could be a bad S100 chip?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This sounds more like a ECU socketing problem. I would recommend taking this to a Hondata dealer to have it looked at.
SLO-FKR

Post by SLO-FKR »

I have had 2 different ecu's socketed by the local electronic guy..

ok, I'll try and get it to a hondata dealer... thanks