what else do I need for s200 to work?

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
ohsoslow

what else do I need for s200 to work?

Post by ohsoslow »

OK. i am trying to work with the s200 on re4. I have the following,

a universal usb to serial
s200 interface box
chiped ecu with chip
RE4
motes burner
motes hulog
motes ostrich 2

I have been trying for a whole week messing with this thing trying to get it to work. what the hell am I dong wrong? everytime i try to click the online tab in re4 and select the burn eprom or try to do anything like save or datalog or record it says "the usb/serial cable cannot be detect make sure it's plug in etc etc"

am I doing something wrong? all my settings is correct on all ports and the correct stuff is selected. if I need to buy something else or missing anything please let me know also with prices would help me out too and where I can get them.

the reason wanting to tune with s200 is i've got three of these things and it would be a plus for me if i've got it to work. :(

thanks for your time.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You cannot tune using RE4 unless you purchase it. It requires a special USB cable that allows it to work (part of purchasing it). I would highly recommend that instead you just upgrade to the s300 as it will be much easier to use, has more features and in the long run is cheaper.
ohsoslow

Post by ohsoslow »

Spunkster wrote:You cannot tune using RE4 unless you purchase it. It requires a special USB cable that allows it to work (part of purchasing it). I would highly recommend that instead you just upgrade to the s300 as it will be much easier to use, has more features and in the long run is cheaper.
just bought the re4 with cable from hondata. it be here tomm. then, IS THAT ALL I WOULD NEED :)

thanks alot for your info
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What is the s200 serial number?
ohsoslow

Post by ohsoslow »

Spunkster wrote:What is the s200 serial number?