ECU CEL(not blinking, staying lit up), what does this mean?

Hondata installation questions / answers / issues.
blackteg

ECU CEL(not blinking, staying lit up), what does this mean?

Post by blackteg »

Does anyone know what it means when the ECU is flashing a constant light(does not blink, just stays lit up)?

Someone help please!
:?
94 integra rs (black)
B16A VTEC, Drag III kit, fully built
Prospeed ECU
4LugEG

Post by 4LugEG »

hmm .. weird .. i'm having the same problem right now .. heh

i posted in 'installation'

normally solid cel light means bad ecu or chip .. i tryed 2 different ecus in my case .. and i get the same thing ..
blackteg

Post by blackteg »

I found a wire that I had connected and didnt know what it went to. So I disconnected it and now the knock sensor code is coming(the solid light is off now) on and its running shitty. wtf?
94 integra rs (black)
B16A VTEC, Drag III kit, fully built
Prospeed ECU
Hondata
Site Admin

Solid CEL

Post by Hondata »

First check that the service connector is not jumpered and you have no codes - that will give a solid CEL. Otherwise you have put the wrong ROM in the ECU - using a P72 ROM in a P28 will give a solid CEL.
Hondata
Sleepin

Post by Sleepin »

Maybe this is my problem. I drove my car around for a full hour without a CEL whan I first installed the S200...and the CEL came on during dyno tuning, maybe Tempest installed a P72 ROM or a P72 program on by mistake. Would this also explain my VTEC fueling problems (going extremely lean @ VTEC)?

Also...seems I initially had problems with the S200 (Hondata Shipped it without boost option by mistake), could this S200 also not be setup for P28 ECU? I could see how a tuner would just assume it would be and not check this.
Sleepin

Post by Sleepin »

Incedentally, the CEL is on all the time with no code. I was thinking maybe the ECU itself was bad! If the ECU was bad I would have had that CEL right away correct? I wouldnt have been able to drive for a full hour with no CEL at all I wouldnt think.
baonest1

Post by baonest1 »

what if the CEL stays on and you can still start the car. would that be possible say if you accidently got a p72 chip instead of a p28?